1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

2012 American GP - Guess the pole time!

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Leon Charmant, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

Since it's going to be the very first time F1 visits the Circuit of the Americas track, I thought I'd create a little game for fun. The challenge is to make an estimate of the exact pole position time that will be driven by whoever wins the qualifying session. I'm talking about the fastest Q3 time, that's when the fastest times of the weekend are driven.

After 45 minutes of gathering statistics and calculating, here is my final prediction:
    The pole position time will be a 1:38.696

I'm not letting loose which data I used or how I found it.. it's each to their own in this game :D I'm really looking forward to what times you predict and how much it deviates from others.

There's just one rule: you can make only one prediction.

So.. are you up for the challenge? Then look up all the statistics you need and grab your calculator :) Or if you don't have time, simply take a wild guess :p

EDIT: Voting/guessing laptimes is closed! Times from FP1 are known, which can be an unfair advantage to anyone voting from this point onwards. People who already submitted a time are NOT allowed to edit/change it.

2. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43
    Nice apex, I'll take it! Premium Member

1:34:735

3. 1:33.541

4. 1:36.937

5. Aidan Keranen

Aidan Keranen
    #4 2KF1 Racing RDGPC|LoL/RL Caster@AussieGamingTV Premium Member

somewhere between 1 and 2 minutes :D

otherwise perhaps i'll guess for 1:35.644

• Like Like x 2
  6. 1:39.2-something.

7. 1.37.351 from Vettel.

8. 1.37 is what Mercedes are thinking it will be for Qualifying.

9. Hm then maybe I should have guessed a little lower.

10. 1:36:936

11. 1:32.2xx

12. 1:47.4, heavy rain in qualifying :rolleyes:

13. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

Quite an optimistic guess compared to others, but who knows :)

Weather forecast is overcast conditions, but perhaps rain will indeed affect qualifying. We'll see! Keep the laptimes coming :thumbsup:

14. 1:37.531

15. 1:36:822

16. 1:37:179

17. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

Voting/guessing laptimes is closed! Times from FP1 are known, which can be an unfair advantage to anyone voting from this point onwards. People who already submitted a time are NOT allowed to edit/change it.

By the looks of it times are going to be a lot faster than some of us predicted. Eager to see who guessed the closest to the actual pole time :)

18. Aidan Keranen

Aidan Keranen
    #4 2KF1 Racing RDGPC|LoL/RL Caster@AussieGamingTV Premium Member

wow, i was quite close. it was inbetween 1 and 2 minutes!
    but seriously, that is quite scary for a random guess :confused:

19. I think i´m gonna go with around....1,35.657 somewhere around there ;)

Pretty off there with Mercedes but i guess the track just kept coming to them which nobody really could foresee i guess.