2011 World Rally Championship

I am looking forward to see the Mini Cooper in action :)

me too, it isn't a mini-mini :) but it's a bigger mini
but who cares, it's still a nice car
101202_mini.jpg

btw a quote of Meeke
"I have driven a lot of cars in the last few years and I can tell you this one has been born very well"

More picturer of the Mini here

read the full article here

101201_dk.jpg

A dutch driver in the WRC, Kuipers will drive 10 events in the WRC with a Fiesta WRC
He is still looking for extra money so he can do the full 13 events
http://www.wrc.com/news/kuipers-gets-10-event-wrc-chance-in-fiesta/?fid=13978

the Belgium Fred Miclotte will also drive 10 events, with the same team as kuipers

It is nice to see another manufacturer join the series after seeing so many leave in the past. I hope the momentum keeps up and we see more manufacturers come back in, especially the Japanese brands. The new cars will be interesting, if the new cars mean more manufacturers, then I am all for it.

Meeke coming in with Mini is great, I hope they bring Sordo on board too.

The two Sebs in the new Citroens are going to be a major force. I hope they give Ogier a chance to win, being Loeb's sweep ***** should be a job for someone in the junior team, not for a driver that has show he can match pace with Loeb. Speaking of Citroen's second team, Petter and Kimi? It does not sound like Petter wants to go it alone again in 2011, and he still has the desire for a championship burning in his belly. But what happens when they ask him to take one for the team to sweep for Loeb?

Looking forward to Block making a proper effort at WRC this year, and not flying back and forth to run in the US championship and the WRC rounds. Scoring points in Spain wasn't enough to quiet down the Block haters, but it sure looks more promising now. I would love to see a second Monster car with Atkinson piloting it.

It appears that Dutch driver Peter van Merksteijn Jr. will be in one of the Citroën Junior Team spots.

I wonder what this means for Kimi, who has showed no interest in returning to F1. I think it was pretty clear Sordo was not going to be signed (looks like he might be on team Mini), but there is also Petter who has expressed a desire to not run privately since he had to pay out of pocket for the last rounds of the 2010 season.

Petter is working his butt off to have a full WRC program for 2011, but so far only Rally Monte Carlo is for sure on his schedule. It sounds like the Citroën Junior Team may still be a possibility, but he would have to drop his current sponsors.

The real surprise is the bit about America being an option if he cannot get a WRC program together for 2011!

“I know for sure in Le Mans they want me. There has been interest from a couple of GT teams. It sounds and looks easier and better. Maybe I will go to America – that's another option. Honestly [though], I try this now [WRC] and then we will see.”

http://www.crash.net/world+rally/news/165526/1/solberg_ill_try_everything_i_can_to_stay.html

I wonder only 3 car makers competing with only a car each of their stable, would not be much of a competition in manufacturer's title & this season is surely gonna be a driver's competition! :)

Also it doesn't look that nice until the japanese cars too not being part of this season! Anyways am expecting it to be more exciting!:wink:

There were rumors Toyota was looking at coming back in with the changes this year, but it's not looking like it now unless they do some one-off rallies for development. Subaru and Mitsubishi have been out of the WRC for years now, which is strange since they dominate production car classes.

I think it is time to see a Korean manufacturer in the mix, both Hyundai and Kia have done wonders with their cars in the past few years, at least in the North American market.

Swedish rally organisation today confirmed that Raikkonen takes part this years Rally Sweden with Citroen WRC car. Should be full season package.

Also Dutch Dennis Kuipers enters WRC with Ford with new M-Sport backed FERM Power Tools World Rally Team.

Looks like the Petter/Kimi thing got confused. Both will be in new DS3s, but both will be privateers in Rally Sweden. Petter running under the Solberg World Rally Team banner, and Kimi under the ICE 1 Racing WRC Team banner.

An interview with Petter sounds like they are still looking at running for Citroen officially but a deal won't happen for the first rally.

Kimi is running in the same manner as Petter, with a team supported by his own sponsors.

So does this mean there will only be 2 Citroen cars in manf. points for Rally Sweden?

Great to hear that Solberg will enter Rally Sweden. I saw some rumors that he was unable to enter so I'm glad things worked out. I was really impressed by his performance last year, especially considering it was his private team. Hope he'll have another good season:good:

So does this mean there will only be 2 Citroen cars in manf. points for Rally Sweden?

I think they can name the teams who drive for them manufacturer points this year like Ford has done but I don't know if they have done so.
Seems there's no Citroen junior team like last year. Just two manufacturer cars and the rest are rental packages.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back