1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 IndyCar Series

Discussion in 'IndyCar' started by Todd Garner, May 19, 2011.

1. For those interested in whats going on out at Indy during the day. This is a good place to listen.

I only work 30 minutes from the track but I dont think my boss will let me take my laptop and go out there to work :(

2. Lars Strijdonck

Lars Strijdonck
    Six by nine. Forty two.

thank you for sharing Todd. Much appreciated!
  3. Should be a very busy day today out at the track. Going to be warm and sunny all day and the last day before Quals tomorrow so there should be lots of action. Cars hit the track from 12 to 6pm.....

4. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas
    Premium Member

Go Ho pin make us dutchies proud!!!:D
  5. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Seriously is Ho Pin T in this years Indy?
  6. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas
    Premium Member

Ho pin Tung just crashed heavily. update will follow
  7. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas
    Premium Member

8. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas
    Premium Member

also a crash from Briscoe
  9. Dixon and Franchitti run out of fuel during qualification runs - Alex Tagliani is on the Pole.
  10. Ugh, he's done. He's not going to be in the 500. Shame, was rooting for the first Chinese driver to start the 500 and his qualifying laps looked good enough to put him 6th on the grid... I hope he gets a full time ride in Indy next year...
  11. Diagnosis for Ho-Pin was mild concussion. He is not cleared to qualify. Looks like Dragon racing has called up Patrick Carpentier as a backup driver. If Carpentier could get the car in the field, Ho-Pin could still race next week (it is the car that qualifies for the race - more or less - there's a lot to it). [instant update] There may be more to it, as Carpentier was practicing Scott Speed's car and wrecked it in the morning bump day practice. Stay tuned.

4 of the 5 Andretti cars failed to qualify day 1 and will have to fight their way in. The only one that made it was the yearly one-off collaboration with Petty for John to drive the #43. I can only think that the team tried something that didn't work out for them.

One other possibility not on the Autosport list is the second Sarah Fisher Racing car, which she said she might put in line if the primary car qualified well, which it did. Could be used by a driver who's car isn't quite up to par, or by someone yet unknown.
  12. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

Do Indy cars not have the same safety around the fuel cells as Formula 1 cars do?
    I'm shocked that in this day and age you still see trails of fuel on fire on a race track!
  13. @ Chris - Did you see that Richard Hammond program last week? Jake mentioned it in the F1 coverage. they showed the guys poking it onto a lotus chassis - it was like a balloon inside a carbon fiber box. Interesting stuff.
  14. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

Yeh, thats what made me question how easily fuel spills out in Indy cars.
    Was a very interesting programme.
  16. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas
    Premium Member

it was a biggy. I was watching it live
  17. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

Anders Krohn (NOR) :D
  18. so sloooooooow.