2011 Formula One Singapore Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massa really lost the spirit for racing or something.
Bluffed away by Lewis on the outlap and didnt do a lap because of that. Old Massa just closed the door on Hamilton and said bye bye.

Again 3 out of the 10 cars don't do a run in Q3. I find it disgusting really and a lack of respect towards the fans on the track and around the world.

Please give such teams a grid penalty or something. F1 is about :f1: not about sitting in your car doing nothing.

He is the manager of Paul di Resta for some strange reason.
Paul did said a while ago he needed a managar, and anthony is the manager of paul di resta and some other driver, not sure whether it's in F1 or F3

bram i hear you, i think they all need to run in Q3, it's disgusting but the Rules allow this which doesn't help at all.

Well Bram is Singapore, im sure they really wanna take care of their tyres and mathematically cannot match the speeds of the bigger teams. I'm sure they are looking at it strategically. But then again some part of me has to slightly agree that they should of at least attempted 1 lap.

After todays Q3, I gotta give 40% to Vettel for a great drive and 50% towards the car, its been phenomenal, lighting fast car throughout the season and has shut the Mclarens and Ferraris down hardcore. My other 10% goes to Adrian that after all this years of his unreliabilty even tho he created fast cars, has finally lived up and survived to see another WC/CC. My hats off to Adrian. This Redbull pace really needs to be a very very very brink wake up call to Mclaren and Ferrari if they wanna beat Vettel to the flag without having to rely on Vettels faults.

As a side note, good job to Webber, better pace than last year. One person who was decently fast even when his Renault had upgrades that just didnt fit the car, Bruno Senna...he has surprised me once again, and woulndt surprise me to see him in a bigger team sometime soon. Also, and this comes from Speed TV commentators, that there is a rumor or talk about Redbull actually being the "official" Renault team, since Lotus Renault carries the name Lotus and Genii owns Renault and all kinds of talk.

Other than that my wishes for a Webber win :p or even better Jenson.

Yeah Bruno Senna. He works well under pressure you could say, on the last lap of the session in the drop zone and he puts in a lap that gets him into the next qualifying. I also think he deserves a seat in one of the top teams some day.

I was a bit disapointed with qualify today as there wasn't a real battle for pole or position. (It could alos have been due to the boring Swedish commentators that talk like robots.)

On teams not going out to qualify: the teams are behaving rationally given those weak Pirellis. If you try to fix it by forcing them to go out, all they'll do is drive out gently, drive round once slowly and gently, and then pit back in. To fix this in a way that makes the teams naturally want to compete, you either have to replace the crappy tyres with ones that last, or you have to revert to the a single qualification session. Clearly I'd vote for getting rid of those tyres.

On teams not going out to qualify: the teams are behaving rationally given those weak Pirellis. If you try to fix it by forcing them to go out, all they'll do is drive out gently, drive round once slowly and gently, and then pit back in. To fix this in a way that makes the teams naturally want to compete, you either have to replace the crappy tyres with ones that last, or you have to revert to the a single qualification session. Clearly I'd vote for getting rid of those tyres.

The could also allocate one extra set of tires during qualifying allowing the teams to know they will have enough rubber for the races and yet still give us the fans something to watch during these qualifying sessions.

The could also allocate one extra set of tires during qualifying allowing the teams to know they will have enough rubber for the races and yet still give us the fans something to watch during these qualifying sessions.

Yep, that'd work too; they'd also have to remove the rule that the top 10 must start with their qualification tyres.

I wanna see how Petrov does from the back end of the grid and how Senna performs, i rate both of them as good drivers as you saw Petrov can get the podium if his car is capable, i also wanna see if Schumacher can trump Rosberg again.
I expect an easy win for Vettel unless he breezes a wall and breaks his wing or something.
Roll on 2012 sigh..

So, here's my tip: Vettel comes off well. Webber blew again its start, Button and Hamilton pass. In the end, Lewis still snaps Jenson. And hey presto: Then Seb is World Champion! What do you think?

I put my money on Button to win the race. Personally I hope the championship will not yet be decided today.

Looking forward to the race as it will be tough for man and machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 42 26.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 31 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 29 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 10.7%