2011/2 RD Touring Car Championship (STCC 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn horrible race for me tonight!. too much party yesterday so i started getting unconcentrated later on... and at the start my ipad decided to freeze with simtools running so for a few seks i had no screen at all, all black!!^^ twice my trackir send wrong infos so another fe seks without right screen.. :( but at the end i finished, thx RD for the event and for the series! i learned realy a lot :D

Ahhh..shame..i have quali set for rain ...and rain set for race..and no rain at all :(.
Than i made another mistake and change some things in set what i think it will be better for dry track and mistake it was like i drive on ice....than i was so nervous and disapoint for last race i forgat to put enough fuel ..so i ned to go one more in pit so i lose cca 8 positon there...ahh so i hope u guys have a nice race it was little boring i didnt have one take over only defending my place :)...and fight with tyrs..GZ podium for this race and all sezone..

P.s. sorry if i touch someone in corners if i am inside because car was on ice..i think only tobias have a little more problems when i touch him..sorry guys..great sezone and i cant wait next one...:))

Thanks guys really great race i enjoyed it :) happy no internet problem this time hehe
ah and Hugo so sorry for the littel push i see really nothing on front of me mate hope you are not angry to me for this
see you all (maybe) next season guys

tobad the weather file did not work.
We made the best of it i think.

Q .. p3 !! wow did not really expect that with all those fast drivers. Is was a close battle for the top positions.

race.. well here is where the bad thing going to happen
1ste lap i could follow Jimi and Neto, but my lacetti was somewhat unstable.
Zeynel was al over me and we swapped some places. He bumped me ( for my feeling ) to much, wich did not help to controle de lacetti.
2nd lap where we fighting in Les Combes, the back slides and Ëmil sees an aportunity. He made the pass, but i did not expect him there so i'm just turning in... The lacetti makes a turn the other side and spun me into the wall ( fortunaly damage was not on the server??? )
It was not an optimistic move from Ëmil, i just had to known better :( with the group so close racing there.

Made some more mistakes ( like forgot to hit enter in the pits ( + 8 secs ) and losing controle of the rear to often while pushing.
I hoped to fight for P3 in the standings but this wasn't my day.
* sorry robert for the tap, it was minor hit

Thank you all for racing.

hope to be there next time with you again! i hope i did gave you nice racing from my part

Great racing guys, best of the season from a 'fun' point on view :D

Got spun on 1st lap which was annoying but ah well, then had some great multi-lap battles with Linus and Dmytro. Was catching Philip and a bunch of 3 others car and after the stops I was only about 6 seconds behind them.

Again I was catching Philip only about .1 or .2 a lap though :S but it was still great fun. Now explain this;

Started with full fuel - with 29minutes left I had over half fuel, ok?

When I stopped at 29minutes left I put in another 4 laps of fuel.

With 4 laps left I crawl into the pits with barely any fuel and lose a few places of course.

So own up guys......who drilled a hole in my gas tank? hmm? :rolleyes: lol

Thanks guys for some great races (and a couple of destruction derbys) and thanks RD for hosting the league.

2011-08-28_00010.png

@ Fred: Yes it was a minor hit Fred, I'm not blaming you for anything.

Congratulations to our champion Miguel Neto. I haven't seen the final result but I'm quite sure he must be champion. Well deserved.
Congratulations to every driver who took part. There were some incidents but also some great fights and races.
Congratulations to Remco, Jari, Ryan and RD. It's not easy to organize such a league, and despite some setbacks it was great fun.
And let's hope there will be season 8.

Next time I won't be in a BMW though, that's for sure.

That was a really fun race! It was fortunately a dry race, which made me really happy. I had good pace in practice, but made a fool of myself by hitting the wall on the exit of La Source on my Q2 lap, leaving me in seventh place for the race.

I made a decent start and took a few places on the first couple of laps. Unfortunately Visser and I had a bit of a coming together, resulting in him going off track. I was looking forward to fighting with him for third in the championship.

On the second or maybe third lap Butcher turns me around on the straight coming out of Pouhon, resulting in me hitting the armco. No damage set on the server, so nothing other than loosing a couple of places happened fortunately. I got back up, managed to overtake Wiesenmüller quickly and Butcher let me through, so I didn't loose much at all.

I was chasing Goncalves and Babacan for a long time for third and got them both before the pit stop. I started with only 50 liters, not 70, so I had a few extra seconds in the pits, putting me behind Goncalves again. He let me through (thanks for that) and I could go on chasing Neto and Hughes. Hughes and I had a great fight at the end, which was really fun. Hughes made a mistake coming in to the last chicane, making it possible for me to slip though and take second place.

I was really pleased with this event, as well as this whole season. It has been great fun and the driving has been really good in almost every case. Congratulations to Miguel and Jimi! Thanks to Remco and the staff for organising this league. :)

Last night was something to forget, unfortunately. Jumped in on the server with about 17 minutes left of Q1, and I hadn't done one single lap ahead of the race. And I was just about to have dinner when I got online, so I only got 2-3 minutes of Q1 left. Never got a complete lap...

During Q2 I worked on finding a setup, and found the one I created for the Spa race at a previous season of RDTCC (season 4, or 5). That race was wet, and the forecast showed wet. I was a bit surprised when it was all sunny and even damage was off (phew, that saved me 2 times during the race).

The race was just a matter of doing the best out of it. Was driving mostly on my own = boring, but there were some nice fights here and there. I managed to screw up twice, and those mistakes would have damaged the car if that setting was on. Thanks for that! :) To add to all that, I dont think I've ever done so many mistakes in a league race and I was not confident with the car. I'm a bit sad I missed out on the 2 races that I was looking forward to the most, Donington and Spa. I never got into the race last night, didn't even know what strategy to use and how much fuel to put in. In the end I had too much fuel in my car and ended with fuel for at least 20 more minutes of racing.

Thank you RD for this season and for giving me the chance to race this season. It started very well but the last 2 races things got wrong with a DNS and last nights results. But there's always next time. Congratulations to the champion and the podium, great job!

Thanks everybody for a nice race and a pleasant championship.
Congratulations to Miguel and the rest of the 'low-flying-pilots'. It was obvious from the first race on, who were the candidates for the title. Thanks for having me around, guys. I feel privileged :redface:.

It wasn't a surprise for me that our Belgian weather is so unpredictable. IMO, the way it turned out was the most realistic it could get :). My aim was to finish top 15 in Spa, which I did, so no complaints here. Had a few good battles and managed to be consistent, within my reach. Happy :cool:.

My gratitude to everybody involved at RD and to my teammate who did our aware-skins. Thanks Dan. IOU.

I hope to see you all, next season.

I had great fun last night, what a way to round off the Championship! Shame about the weather, but how many times do the forcasters get it wrong on race day... especially in Belgium!

Really enjoyable battle with Miguel, I was very please to have to pace to keep you honest for the first 45 minutes or so, but then my tyres seemed to go off earlier in the second stint. I then found myself in a great defencive battle with Emil, who i felt i could have kept behind me despite his very rapid pace, untill 2 laps from the end where I make a STUPID mistake under braking, locked up and with that waved goodbye to P2. Although all in all happy with another podium position.

So i think that is enough for me to get P2 in the championship, although I will wait to official confirmation before I get too Giddy!

Grats to Miguel for another race win and for the Championship, you drove a stella season! The best driver won and I am very pleased for you.

BIG THANK YOU TO REMCO AND ALL RD STAFF INVOLVED IN THE RUNNING OF THIS LEAGUE. I had a great time and for sure will return for next season and other RD leagues, but for now I will be taking a break from sim racing to complete my BSc Honours Degree in Motorsport Engineering, I hope to return to RD around the end of June, and I may do a couple of club races between now and then if I have much free time (which i dont at the moment!)

Thanks all drivers and staff for making this a very fun league!

Congrats to winner :cool:

I have good set for yesterday race and had few good battle BUT in the end of race (last corner) concentration goes off :rolleyes: and I lost the 8th position(Mika has hard push).Pity so there was no rain :umbrella:
All in all good race and the whole league.

I hope there will be season RDTCC 8 soon :cool:
See u on the track:letsgoracing:

p.s.
Thanks Remco & others for this GREAT League

A big thank you to all involved in the championship, a huge pleasure and privelege through and through to be a part of it!

My final race was both fun and disappointing. I for once had people behind me on the starting-line, and I had a fight with some of them the first couple of laps. I had not tested anything ahead of the race, so I did not know what to expect. Took it fairly easy, conserving tires.
Did my pitstop about halfway, and continued in the same speed the second half of the race. A couple of laps from the end I caught up with Daniel and Dubravko who had to make a short splash, and had a nice fight with both. I propably had better tires than Daniel, but made a mistake in the first corner, and lost the position to Dubravko also.
After passing Mark who I think was out of fuel in the very last corner (I really feel for you, man!) I think I finished the race in 17th or thereabout. So many people left the server before everyone was finished, so I did not get the correct standing there.

Congratulations to all the winners, podiums, finishers and participants this season - let's hope the next one is even better :)

Thanks all for a grate championship, and also feel privileged to be one chosen among several drivers :wink:. This last race for me had two sides, first a totally catastrophic first turn after start and down to last position. But then a way better and fun part, the rest of the race :). Did my best to gain positions and had some grate battles doing so, and yes Jadran this one you gave me for free :wink:. Ending the race in 8:th position, was not what i thought after T1 so like a victory for me :D. Thank you all involved, staff, drivers and big congratulations to Miguel :wink:

Hi all,

Im am very please to participate in this season of RDTCC.

One more time a great race...great fun in this round :)

Qualy - Great clean lap for me...so i am very please for the P1.

Race - Great fun and fair battle for P1 with Jimi in the first half of the race...the stop was good but i loss the first place to Jimi in the pits...One more time a great battle with im :)...in the final part of the race i open a gap of 3 seconds,and i could achieve a difficult win... Emil was very fast in the final so i wont be able to do any big mistake.

Congratulations all drivers, expecially my teammates Diogo and Hugo, and Jimi for the great battles during all season :)

Congratulations to Remco, Jari, Ryan and RD for the great fun tjis season... Cant wait for season 8:wink:

It's not much, partly because I only had 30 minutes to make it before I had to get to uni, and partly because I had quiet a quiet, uneventful race, but here are my highlights from Spa.

I would like to thank RD and all involved in organizing the season, i really had some good battles, if only towards the back of the pack, i learned a lot about how to set a car up, obviously i still have lots to learn. Hope to be back for the next season with improved knowledge of car setup, and maybe challenging for top 15 places, many thanks again.:wink:

Congrats to all who participted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play