2010 World Touring Car Championship

I think we all felt the same Rob. Racing on public roads without a seatbelt :( On the other hand, not wearing a seatbelt might have saved him as he seems to be launched from a burning car.

In general I am feeling really sorry for the innocent girl that got killed

I think thats why the British touring cars to me is more interesting - shorter laps at the circuits produce more interesting racing. More visits to the harder parts of the tracks.

Agreed.

Maybe WTCC should stick to BTCC's event system also. I think 3 races an event is great, the ballast system really makes a difference without penalising the same people endlessly, and random reversed grid for race 3 means no opportunity to do a Priaux(start the week-end completely off the pace and then do somehow 8th in race 1 and win race 2).

Anyway Marrakech for sure isn't the most challenging track ever but at least it's not just another Tilkedrome, it has its own specificities and can provide some good racing once in a while(if the whole race isn't under SC of course).

Thats a sad story esspecially seeings that the innocent girl was the intelligent one that wore a seatbelt!!

I still think to this day that you must be a mug or stupid not to wear a belt in a car. Unlike some people i know I choose not to be flung through the windscreen like a rag doll.

I feel very very sorry for that poor girl and her family, not an ounce for colak as he should stick to the rules like the rest of us. I do 50.000+ miles/year driving for living and never have had any accident in my 27 years behind wheel. I use my superior ( majority of people who drive are not very comfortable with a car in my opinion ) driving skills to avoid all the hazards one may face on public roads, not to create more. He should be heavly punished if what the article reported is accurate, full stop.

So sad for the innocent girl.........

Picked this up on Twitter a few minutes ago, seems that Muller is declared champion:

According to Rob Huff's Facebook comment, Yvan Muller is the new #WTCC champion - meaning that the appeal court has decided against BMW

Not a great way to win but okay: congrats Yvan & Chevy :doublethumb:

well done to Yvan but pathetic from Chevy, seems they can only win WTCC title and BTCC titles by crying about teams that are better than them and getting them disqualified nothing annoys me more than a championship decided by busy bodies behind a desk

Sad news if true, the FIA should of done something about if before the races.

Mixed feelings either way - means Macau will be a flat out race for the wins rather than the championship which is great. Turks and WSR get their first WTCC win at Okayama, but at the same time I really feel sorry for RBM and Andy.

Yvan's driven a great year though, and regardless of the outcome is a very deserving champion this year

well done to Yvan but pathetic from Chevy, seems they can only win WTCC title and BTCC titles by crying about teams that are better than them and getting them disqualified nothing annoys me more than a championship decided by busy bodies behind a desk

don`t blame Chevy, any team would have done the same. it was a stupid idea to suddenly change the regs for the bemmers. and i`m not even a muller fan, can`t stand the bloke i was hopeing for a great showdown at china like everyone else.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back