2010 Formula One Korean Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice win by Fernando :good: also awesome comments by Lewis during the SC phase - "it is almost intermediates" :)

The funny part was that when ever Vettel or Webber gave a comment about the track conditions Hamilton was answering in a very enthusiastic way which gave me the corrage to continue watching the race under the safety car pase but it also made the Red Bull drivers sound like complitly rookie's.

"Hamilton how is the visibility looking" "Visibility is great" :)

Vettel surely knew/felt that his engine is at the end of it's life, that's why he commented about the bad visibility imo, he wanted the race to end! He drove perfectly and losing that opportunity is really really bad luck!
Alonso also drove well however so it's a deserved win for him too! And now going to Brazil where Ferrari was really strong in the last few years, and Massa was always strong there, I think his chances are even better! They finish in 1-2, and see, his advantage for the last race is 21 points (if Webber takes 3rd place, if not, even more, or in case Webber is out he's champion).
I would like to see a new champion though, so I hope Webber/Vettel will have a bit more luck at the end.

I don't know about Ferrari's performence at Interlagos but I remember that Hamilton started somewhere back at the field (16th or 18th) last year and finished 3rd so I belive he is also very strong there but I hope the car will perform as close as the Ferrari and specialy the red Bull because I fear that they might be way to quick on sector 2 and gain what what they lose on sector 1 and 3.

Who knows we might be Barrichelo win at Interlagos. :D

16.jpg

I don't know about Ferrari's performence at Interlagos but I remember that Hamilton started somewhere back at the field (16th or 18th) last year and finished 3rd so I belive he is also very strong there but I hope the car will perform as close as the Ferrari and specialy the red Bull because I fear that they might be way to quick on sector 2 and gain what what they lose on sector 1 and 3.

Who knows we might be Barrichelo win at Interlagos. :D

The track has also been resurfaced aswell.

For me the best of the race was the need and the will Hamilton had:

ENGINEER: How's the surface Lewis?
HAM: Better than ever. I'm doubting between soft or hard slicks.

E: How's the weather Lewis?
H: Sunny and perfect tarmac temperature. The air is a bit dry, humidity % has to be very low.

E: How's the visibility Lewis?, Vettel says is dark and he can't see braking points.
H: It's a bit bad, too much sun in my eyes, I need a black visor, is blinding me, in UK we don't have this huge ammount of light during the autumm days.

The guy really wanted to race :D

I thought the start delay could maybe be the beginnings of a new precedent being set with regards to wet race starts,are we getting at the stage now where all wet races will start behind the SC until the drivers feel happy enough?,maybe just a total ban on wet track running and drop wet tyres from the menu completely?.
And its now clear the radio system is being used to try and influence race control,the comments of some of those drivers would have been funny if it wasnt so pathetic trying to wriggle out of racing because of a bit of rain,it was like the F1 racing world was first discovering that when it rains the track will get wet and the cars will create great plumes of blinding spray??...wow what a shocking surprise,thats never happened before eh?...shame on the whingers!!.

I thought the start delay could maybe be the beginnings of a new precedant being set with regards to wet race starts,are we getting at the stage now where all wet races will start behind the SC until the drivers feel happy enough?,maybe just a total ban on wet track running and drop wet tyres from the menu completely?.
And its now clear the radio system is being used to try and influence race control,the comments of some of those drivers would have been funny if it wasnt so pathetic trying to wriggle out of racing because of a bit of rain,it was like the F1 racing world was first discovering that when it rains the track will get wet and the cars will create great plumes of blinding spray??...wow what a shocking surprise,thats never happened before eh?...shame on the whingers!!.

Totally agree with you, too much laps under SC there's no need.

I thought the start delay could maybe be the beginnings of a new precedent being set with regards to wet race starts,are we getting at the stage now where all wet races will start behind the SC until the drivers feel happy enough?,maybe just a total ban on wet track running and drop wet tyres from the menu completely?.

Yea Gary. Its getting more and more ridiculous LOL

They should totaly ban radio comunication with the drivers...

Totaly stop the comunication from the Team with the drivers. NO signals from the Team. Not with Audio and not visual. No comunication. The driver is alone.... So all is on the driver as it should be and no more playing chess from the super genuis behind the pit wall in a racing game....
If the driver want to do his pitstop he pushes a button on the steering weel and they prepare...

Yea Gary. Its getting more and more ridiculous LOL

They should totaly ban radio comunication with the drivers...

Totaly stop the comunication from the Team with the drivers. NO signals from the Team. Not with Audio and not visual. No comunication. The driver is alone.... So all is on the driver as it should be and no more playing chess from the super genuis behind the pit wall in a racing game....
If the driver want to do his pitstop he pushes a button on the steering weel and they prepare...

But what if the car starts to react wierd. If the driver will not have the radio he might Die because he did not have the radio to hear his engineer telling him that the "telematry shows that there is a problem in the car, you most retire now". And the driver is dead.
Quite the sad ending dont you think.

IMO they should allow the Radio to be opened between maybe Lap 3 and Lap 10 and then it is closed for 7 laps and then agian the team radio is opened. In that way the drivers will be informed if there is a problem with the car that they can't feel and the drivers will be able to report what tires they want to use once they are about to go for a pit stop.

And suddenly you killed F1 :D.

In the times were there was no radio, the teams communicated with the pitboard and with flags, with meanings like: push, let teammate pass, pit, take it easy...

I don't know where that romantic idea about F1 comes from, but never existed, was always an strategy game from the pitlane, to the point sometimes the teams made the second driver give the car to the first driver in the middle of a race so he could win and other things like that.

Cya!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Trophies