1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

2009 Williams FW31

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Sander Hogendoorn, Jan 19, 2009.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. thx for posting it.
    seems that "white" is gone with "COMPACT" together.
    ...they had to go, cause PHILIPS is shorter and fit better on that rear wing [​IMG]

3. Whats with the antenna on the car ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

Im interested to know where RBS found the money to plaster their name all over this car.

5. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

woww thanks for the share, among all revealeds that one is the most good looking one i think. THis plain dark blue is great. And i love it's shape, and front wing also looks better than others...Now i 'M really impatient to see BMW:clap:

6. Another nice one :)

7. Cool in way if you keep looking at the 2009 f1 cars long enough you'll actually start to like them you just have to get used to the rear/front wing :D

8. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Appart from the wings I feel strange with the nose of the cars, is too wide for my taste.

9. Now this looks good. :thumb: Better than the eyesore that is the Renault.

10. Best F1 car since the Walrus nose Williams of 2004 :D
    (Yes I am a biased Williams fan)

11. Winter test livery is always dark, expect to see some white before the first race.

12. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Hmm, looks like Williams have ran out of white paint.

13. That antenna is for radiocontrolunit. This car is radiocontrolled from pitwall and no need to testdrivers. Only an rc car controller and few servos.

Other than that nice looking car. Hope to see that Rosberg will be slightly faster this year.

14. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

Isn't it the onboard camera?

15. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Are you sure it's a radio control unit. Never heard an F1 car can be controlled remotely...Also As i know camera is in that cross thing at the top..

16. Hmmm... The looks of this car are quite good if I say so. I haven't seen any better looking car so far :)

I don't think it's a remote conrolled car, as you see the driver's head turning in the corner at the first picture. I think it's a device to test the airflow above the car or somthing.

17. I´ve heard this is not the definitive Williams design. The car will be presented last days of February.