2009 McLaren MP4-24

has anyone a pic from the new rear ?
52.gif

I think it looks the best of the new cars. I find the shape of the splitter in front of the sidepod interesting. I also like the idea of a clean body without the many small aero devices.

Seeing comparisons of 08/09, I find the previous cars look a little messy. A feature I really enjoy is the smooth coke-bottleneck rear which blends nicely into the narrow gearbox and makes elegant air passages between wheel and gearbox. Thay also look a lot better without the large vertical fin.

I think the 2009 cars look a little awkward in some ways(wings and nose), but I think they will evolve into something more elegant.

• Josh Healy

So you haven't seen the Williams yet?
Hehe..

It is an good looking car, but my favorite is still the Williams.

Not being a McClaren fan, i must concede their car looks pretty good and has a more aggressive appearance to it, say to the Ferrari and Toyota.

One thing though, the idea of getting the backmarkers to have a chance at winning, is still now as remote as ever, even with all these changes. I feel the powers that be got this wrong again...except maybe for the cost factor.

• wullie

there's alot of people saying the cars are ugly now,it's just a change that will take time to get used to.the cars have returned to being sleek without all the extra aeros to help stabilize the cars because of the grooved tyres,
this is how the cars the cars looked before they got rid of slicks with the exeption of the rear wing.
anyway enough said im looking forward to a interesting season & also mclaren looks the nicest then red bull..........................................

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.