2009 Grand Prix motorcycle racing

Well with the qualifying canceled due to weather conditions the last free practice is the starting grid for the race on Motegi twin ring.
Actually, they went with fastest free practice time. Being that Friday was the only dry session, all the times came from there.

Was a really good race. Was pleased to see Melandri doing so well. Also was a really good showing by Stoner to catch back up to and take Dovi for 4th, after having early problems in the race. Was also really surprised with the performance of Dani, he looks to be a force to be reckoned with once again. Rossi looked very disappointed after the race, but livened up a again to his usual happy self by the time he got to the podium.

I was really bummed to see Hayden and Yuki out so early. Both of them could have really used the time and experience with there respective machines.

Looking forward to Jerez next Sunday. :)

Gutted for Hayden, everything just seems to go wrong for him :(

Was a good race, way better than Qatar. Good to see a podium Stonerless for a change and good to see Dovi scrappin it up with the big boys. Its gonna be a tight one this year!

• Wido Rossen

MotoGP 2009 - Round 3: Jerez

In the land of the Sherry the 3th race will be driven on 3-May

Jerez.jpg

Sunday, 03 May 2009
125 WUP 08:40 - 09:00
250 WUP 09:10 - 09:30
MotoGP WUP 09:40 - 10:00

125 RAC 11:00
250 RAC 12:15
MotoGP RAC 14:00

• Wido Rossen

MotoGP 2009 - Round 4: Le Mans

The 4th round is to be driven on the Le Mans circuit.

circuitlemans.gif

Event date : 17 May

Saturday

125 QP 13:00 - 13:40
MotoGP QP 13:55 - 14:55
250 QP 15:10 - 15:55

Sunday, 17 May 2009

125 WUP 08:40 - 09:00
250 WUP 09:10 - 09:30
MotoGP WUP 09:40 - 10:00

125 RAC 11:00
250 RAC 12:15
MotoGP RAC 14:00

• Tim Ireland

250 race was amazing though, hardly a lap with the same leader, and 3 brits in the top 8 in 125 too.

Enough said about Toseland...

• Brad Johnson

Probably one of the GP's i'd like to do in the future.

I think Vale is top tip for this one, Stoners never been so hot here.

I'm looking for Lorenzo to bounce back after his disappointing Jerez race.

Usual suspects will be at the front: Rossi, Stoner, Pedrosa and Lorenzo.

Edwards might pull something out of his hat too..he was on pole here a few years back & the Yamaha is the best all-round bike out there.

• Brad Johnson

It was a Yamaha 1 - 2 - 3 here 12 months ago remember, Colins always done well here, and i reckon he'll up at the sharpe end once again. Wish we could say the same about JT, but i don't think he'll be up there :/ .

JT (and it must be said CE's) career at Tech 3 may well be in the balance, despite being just 3 race into the 2009 season. One must remember JT got CE's crew chief and is riding what must be the best bike in GP racing.

Further, regardless of how the SBK season pans out, Ben Spies will be hot property and there will be a slew of 250 riders (i.e. Bautista or Simoncelli) looking for MotoGP ride.

With the new rules stating no rookies can ride in a factory team, what would you do if you were running Tech 3?

• Brad Johnson

Bautista is tipped to be riding a Suzuki in 2010, being under Aspar's colours as he'll be buying one supposedly. If anything i reckon Simoncelli will be going to Tech 3, and then Yamaha will give him full factory support no doubt. As for Spies, we'll have to see, nothings been said about him yet.

Ha!

Edwards did pull something out of his...hat. Fastest in the second practice session by nearly half a second. I'll conveniently ignore the fact that this was another rain affected session...

If the rain continues we could have a very interesting grid by the end of the qualifying. The two Suzuki riders may even get into the top 5...

Cheers.

• Tim Ireland

Danni P gets pole by a gnats whisker, but a gnats whiskers probably pretty far when you're that short. He almost managed to crack a smile after as well.

Top 3 positions were pretty close so I'm hopeful for a good race.

Well done Pedrosa for claiming pole.

The top 4 are the usual suspects. Another good effort by Edwards, the Suzuki team and especially Melandri on the pseudo Kawasaki.

Sadly, it looks as if Hayden is still having no luck gelling with his Ducati, only a bees diaphragm between himself in 13th and Kallio in 14th.

Should be a good race.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea