2009 Formula One European Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant really understand why Ferrari are retaining Badoer for Spa, This is a golden oppertunity for them to test something special. If i were Stefano Domenicale i would have called Mr. Bortolotti and say. "Wanna race for us? you'll have 200 000Euros per race and a bonus if you score some points, Fine deal?"

I wonder if that pitstop mistake did'nt happen, would Barrichello win ? Or with Hamilton they would fight till the finish line ?

If i were Stefano Domenicale, i would bring anyone other than Luca Badoer, he is just....awful !

Well I remember Marc Gené jumping into a Williams in 2004 and after this race I think it would have been a lot better idea to put him in the 2nd Ferrari! Especially as he won the Le Mans 24hour race.
In Spa Badoer for sure will be better (as he knows that track, not like this) but I don't know how much he can improve.
The funny thing in this is that last time he raced in F1 his teammate was Gené, he was better than Gené but of course Gené was a rookie then.

I read an interview today with Coulthard who said he would jump in if Ferrari asks him. Unfortunately I didn't find it in english...

What I just can't understand, what are the Toyota-s doing??? They fail on quali, run in the mid-pack, then they run fastest laps at the end!?

If Coulthard races at ferrari, then...
im-a-chikin-lol.jpg

After watching this race:

1. Massive congratulations to Rubinho :dance2:
2. What the heck happened with Lewis' second pitstop??
3. Badoer finished the race. That is an achievement in itself. :p

Yawnable race.
Very little on-track overtaking.
Track location is what this event is all about, much like Monaco.

Rubens did well. Had an answer for everything Lewis had, and vice versa. Would have been great if it had've been a toe-to-toe battle, with side-by-side racing.... Maybe Spa next week.

Anyway.
*Yawn*
Come on F1. Liven up a bit will ya!

The worst news of all is that Valancia has secured the Euro GP for a good few years now :(

Sorry, but I just hate the track. I don't mind a track being hard to overtake on if it has some other feature that makes it great to watch - Monaco has the absurdly tight track, close walls and bumps, Silverstone has ludicrously high speed corners that really show off Formula 1 technology. But Valancia is just stop start, no overtaking, and with the high walls it doesn't even look very nice. It exemplifies business over pleasure :damnit:

Yes I agree. The track is lifeless.
They should dump this track & go back to Canada.

It seems to me that Brawns go well on a hot track whilst Red Bull are terrible.
Vice Versa on cold tracks.

So for the rest of the year.

Spa - cold
Monza - 50/50
Singapore - hot
Japan - cold
Brazil - hot
Abu Dhabi - hot

I think the Brawns should be able to hold off the Red Bulls without much trouble.
Probably 1st & second for the title.

I'm an Aussie & would love to see Webber win but think it's unlikely.
It's Jenson's to lose.
Sorry Mark

The Brawn/Red Bull temperature suitability kinda mirrors Ferrari and McLaren last year... :wink2:

If Jenson keeps getting bad finishes and drops out of contention (unlikely, I know), I can see a title shootout between Webber and Barrichello. Either way, it's going to be an exciting season finisher. :D

After watching this race:

2. What the heck happened with Lewis' second pitstop??

He came in with 2.5 second gap, but the team forgot the left front wheel :p So he lost about 5 seconds and come out of the pits 4 seconds behind Rubens, so if not for that he would of been in front and I doubt Rubens would of got past and won but there you have it, Rubens got a good win to make the championship even more interesting, Button is under pressure.

Webber and Barrichello... The old farts having a go at the championship! That would be an awesome prospect heading into the final rounds. I've had enough of all these supposed "rising stars" in F1 who are barely able to grow a beard.

• Bert Van Waes

Grats to Rubens for such an emotional win!!!. I'm beginning to like this guy more and more.

His racing is based on friendship!! That says more to me then some others karakter out there. Although Lewis still is a favourite too! Great to see them on top! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back