2008 World Touring Car Championship

Although I know a lot of people are not keen on it... I love Macau, its by far my favourite WTCC meeting of the year, I love it as its so different and the track is so challenging (even if it doesn't give the best racing)

I think Yvan Muller pretty much has the title assured as I can't see Tarquini getting the points to overhaul him, even if Yvan doesn't race at all.

I think the Honda will go well and Chevrolet will get a win

Honda Civic Type-R and RWD Toyota Altezza in Macau

Macau-based RPM Racing Team will join the FIA WTCC for their home race meeting that will close the 2008 season next week. The team have entered in the event two different Japanese cars, for local drivers Jo Rosa-Merszei (34-year old) and Lei Kit Meng (41).
The former will drive a three-volume Honda Civic Type-R, while his team mate will be at the wheel of a rear-wheel-drive Toyota Altezza.
Both Rosa-Merszei and Lei Kit Meng are veterans of the Guia circuit as they both took part in several editions of the Macau Formula 3 Grand Prix. In 1998 Rosa-Merszei also participated in the Touring Car Guia Race, finishing a respectable 11th in a Super Touring BMW 318is.

(Source: fiawtcc.com)

• Wido Rossen

D'Aste withdraws from Macau in protest

Stefano D'Aste will not take part in the FIA World Touring Car Championship final at Macau because of a penalty he was given during the previous race in Japan. This means that he hands over the 2008 Independents title to his team mate Sergio Hernandez.
"I was given an excessive penalty. I have been cut off all possibilities to take the title," said D'Aste.

D'Aste was given a five places on the grid penalty plus an extra observation flag from the stewards at the Macau-final because of his incident with Tiago Monteiro at the previous race in Japan.

"Because of the penalty they gave me for this race makes it impossible for me to take any useful results at Macau, a very fast and narrow track. Therefore I will not take part in this race," said D'Aste.

The drastic decision from the team to withdraw D'Aste was announced today and Proteam Motorsport team owner Valmiro Mattoli was equally upset over the penalty.

"The incident was not intentional and it was our car that sustained the major part of the damage. An independent driver never seek contact with a works driver in a race because any eventual damage would weigh too heavy on the budget of the team," said Mattoli.

• Carlos Fu

Im also from MAcau and i knew both of them. Actually there are the experience and experts in the Macau Guia circuit.

• Carlos Fu

This is the one of my Idol and my mate (COUTO). Actually i've been see him the best time driving is with the Alfa Romeo 147, but unfortunately the radiator had broke up while he is in the first place.
We all from Macau hope Andre can get into place with his Accord Euro R in this year.

• Carlos Fu

Macau Guia Circuit

Would like to know how much that people likes Macau Circuit?
From me, Im natural born in Macau, this track is really exciting, tight and alsoo need to be more careless to drive , due there is no way to run through in if you are out of track.
Not out of track but is direct to the wall.

• Carlos Fu

You are right and i agree. The only way is thru TV.
But this was the weakness for Macau camera sta***, due they got no experience filming the races.

• Carlos Fu

Does it mean they are racing for the ATCC? Asian touring car series only?
Actually, as far as i know, they didn't compete the full season for the outside race and also not in the WTCC.
I think this should be separate. will you agree?
If separate it will be more exciting.

• Chris Noble

Anyone know when this race is?

I thought it was this weekend? but seems not...

• Carlos Fu

This Thursday is practice, Friday Qualify and Saturday + Sunday race.

Farfus fastest in practice

BMW team Germany’s Augusto Farfus posted the fastest lap in today’s test session on Macau’s Guia circuit. With a lap of 2:33.624 in the dying seconds, the Brazilian driver emerged on top, beating James Thompson’s Honda and Nicola Larini’s Chevrolet by 8 and 16 hundredths of a second respectively.
The session was red-flagged after only four minutes, when Jaap van Lagen lost control and crashed his LADA at the “R” bend on his first lap out of the pits. As soon as the test resumed, Yvan Muller posted a lap of 2:35.117 that stood as the fastest until halfway, when times began to drop dramatically.

Read more at fiawtcc.com

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea