2008 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew early on in the practice sessions that it wasnt going to be a good qual for me,i wasnt wrong with 17th?16th?,got a decent start and found a nice slot to cruise round T1 and was happy that all went well,despite a Banzai case lightly clipping my back end on their way to gravel at high speed...came out of T1 gaining some places and on my way to T2,i have to ease off a bit to avoid ramming those ahead and get turned in nicely in a group with 3 other cars,2 sets of 2 wide,then things get very strange for me,i feel a knock up the backside putting me a bit loose,i correct no probs,then the same guy hits me again,i correct,he hits me again,then again,until i am almost totally sideways,hes quite happy about this obviously as he tries to take a run up my right side,with another trying a run up my left side,no room,no respect,literally touching my car trying to scrape and squeeze to gain something out of nothing,the race is only about 25 seconds old at this point for god sake,and yet im on the recieving end of this total do or die stuff,anyway by turn 4 my race is more or less finished as the same guy takes a wild dive up inside my right,hops over off that little leap bit and knocks me into oblivion off the track,seriously damaged car,recovered back on last by miles,thanks a lot for that,the way i was taken off the track later in the race makes all that look acceptable though,the kind of deliberate revenge ram off we all come here to get away from in public servers.
The finish of the race saw Kent Karlen closing in on me and my banana shaped madly pulling to the left Seat,such a relief to see the name of gentlemen racer when you do a rear view after this kind of race,although he had some clear honest chances to pass me,he always shows respect and backs out,maybe we were both of the same thinking at this point, "why bloody bother...who bloody cares" kind of stuff down in those positions:homer:.
No apology from either drivers who were overly disrespectful to me tells me to them this is normal fine racing behaviour and will probably happen again.
Race2 start 20th and get another good run down to T1 with plenty of time to take some places along the way from that far back,another clean run through T1,and all round lap one,i was having personal little celebration for just being able to get that first lap done!!!,ended up having a really good fun race making up a barrell load of places to finish 8th behind Danny,great fun dicing with you m8 :thumb:.
Many Thanks RD organisers and Congratulations to the winners and podiums of the night,well done :thumb:.

:thumb: Lu Chan,best than me more,
i can not ok this track,i just see the replay,
race1 and race 2 very good feel,keep your pro,
i think me need more practice,
i can not stable,:D

• Alan Chan

Qual : P15

Race 1 : Starts v. gd i can keep at P12
Unfortunately , my tyres are getting worn
at Laps 11 i cannot turn the chicane
my positsion drops to P13
Worse still , at last lap i had some network problem
My position drops to P18
I just only can finish at P18...:fun:

Race 2 : Stats at P18
and at Turn 1 i can get P9
Having race 1's exp. i know how to keep my tyre.
However , at turn1 my car rushed out .
My position drops to P10

Today's match is very nice !:disco:

Apology and report

Race one after a bad quali, P19, went very well.
I finished 7 so won 12 places which is good for me, the last 5 laps i got tyre warnings and i was driving on ice but i managed to keep the 7th place.

Race 2, startd from P2 and i had a quite good start, and kept my P2 but got rammed in corner 3 for the first time, which was not to bad, but in corner 6 i got rammed while i was hitting the apex, so race over for me.
Guys the first lap the tyres are cold and then such manouvres are simply not possible, but no hard feelings from my side, **** can happen.

That was me as you know
I got a nice entry into that turn
Too nice.
I've looked at the replay from loads of angles and still cant figure how I could have avoided hitting you
I'm very sorry it wrecked your race.
Apart from that I enjoyed the races
I didn't expect much being the last qualifier but my race pace was better than I expected.
RACE 1: finished 8th
RACE 2 started from pole and slowly got battered down to 12th lol.
Apologies to anybody I hit
To everybody who hit me no problem thats racing.
Terry Harmer

Thanks for the apologies guys but no problem.

That was me as you know
I got a nice entry into that turn
Too nice.
I've looked at the replay from loads of angles and still cant figure how I could have avoided hitting you
I'm very sorry it wrecked your race.
Apart from that I enjoyed the races
I didn't expect much being the last qualifier but my race pace was better than I expected.
RACE 1: finished 8th
RACE 2 started from pole and slowly got battered down to 12th lol.
Apologies to anybody I hit
To everybody who hit me no problem thats racing.
Terry Harmer

Thanks for the apologies guys but no problem.

It's ok Terry, i know this can happen in a race, and the first laps are mostly bumpy and hit laps.

I hope for more luck next race. No hard feelings from my side. I will not send a report for this.

although its very nice that everyone is posting the replays the have, i think its better to use the replays from the server itself..

that way movie makers dont have the lag between cars :disco:

• Darren Gardner

How do i find out if i am in this event as i did do qual but only done a 1.51.***.

Thanks

Well, very nice races with good figths along the way.

Qualified 9th, just under the 1.49 mark, which I felt was ok. The start of race 1 was reasonably good but I ran out of space at turn 1 and went a bit wide and found myself 12th. A couple of couple passes and I was back in 9th by the end of the 1st lap.
By lap 7 I was sixth but I stupidly braked with one wheel on the grass and lost the car. By the time I rejoined I was 14th. From then on, it was a long fight back up the order and I finished 11th, quite disappointed as I feel I had the speed to make it into the top 5. Apologies to Vincent Kan for making contact when passing him.

Race 2 was soimewhat better. Started ok from 11th spot, then had good fights throughout the whole race, especially with Simon Trendell towards the end. I managed to pass both him and Michael Christensen in the penultimate lap when Michael made an error and was then running 4th, much to my own surprise!!
But then in the final lap I outbraked myself slightly (worn tyres didn't help!) and they both passed me again.
In the final corner I ran wide and lost momentum for the straight, which allowed Andreas Hultgren to catch up and come right beside me. He was only a few hundreds of a second behind me when we crossed the line!
6th in the end - I feel that if I had not made that stupid mistake in race 1, I could have done much better.

Thanks all for the close and fun races, looking forward to the next one!

overall a fin race for me as im not the fastest

quali: really dissapointing 23 or smt

Race 1 gained a lot of places by ppl pushing eachother off track got in a nice fight with jacco cornelissen and a blueflagger dont remember the name. but it was a nice race with some minor bumps here and there.
11th place

Race 2 had a nice start gained one place and true the first few corners recieved some taps from evy weygers wich had me give up that place to her, nothing really incedent wurthy stuf. but i lost my racepace by it a bit and i accidently tapped some other guys because of bad braking point chosing but i didnt overtake the guys in the bumps. i even put some one back on the tarmac after a little push when i saw he was going to slide off, sacrifising my on place for him :D

end result 12th

im pretty happy

Left pretty dissapointed last night, after quite a promising Pre-Quali the races didnt go my way.
Car felt terrible with race fuel in, oversteer and reacting badly over the bumps and rises of Zandvoort. First race tried a pass over the hill at the beginning of sector 2 but the car snapped on braking which put me onto the grass and eventually into the gravel on the other side. Sorry to the Honda driver for flying across in front of you. That put me dead last and not feeling comfortable with the car wasnt hopeful of any decent comeback drive. Eventually finished 16th.

The second race was as frustrating as the first, having a quick car in places you couldnt pass and then struggling to keep it on the road where you can. By midway managed to creep up to 14th but after locking up during a pass i had to back off to give the place back, which allowed a few others to get by aswell, putting me 16th in the end.

Brno next, a track ive barely driven at and when i do i have struggled for pace, so getting into group1 is going to be tough i think, but for sure it will offer better racing than Zandvoort.
On a brighter note, somehow i am still 6th in the championship which is better than i was expecting for my first big sim league.

Ollie W.

• Fran Gil

Qualy went very well, 4th position with a 1:48.886, not far of my pre-qualy time.

Race 1: Did a good start and keep my position, and up to 3th during the first lap due to a mistake of the first driver. In the chicane I lost my brakingpoint a bit and hit Bo Sorensen in front of me, I think it hasn't bad consecuences, but sorry for that Bo. I started then to feel the pressure of Rainho Prina behind me, a nice fight with the chrono beetwen two drivers during 6 or 7 laps (thanks for that moments Rainho, a pity you lost P3 with that accident in the Tarzan corner, I saw it in my mirrors). In lap 3 Bo Sorensen in second position did a mistake in the fast right corner and I catch the P2 until the last lap, when I did a mistake in that same corner and finished race in P5. A bit sad for this, it would be my first podium in a official race. The tyres, well, it was a hell in the last three laps so it caused my mistake I think.

Race 2: Started from P4 again, lost a position in the starting. During first lap a driver hits me and made me spin losing positions until 18th...That ruined my race and never found the right rythm. Adriano Esanto show me how fair driver he is (thanks Adriano for that laps ;)). Had nice fights too with Fernando de Almeida and Robert Graunert. I only managed up to P14 in lap 9 when my game got frozen. I hope it didn't disturb to the driver behind me, Karl Westman (a fair driver too).

See you in next event, thanks all for the races and the fair behaviour in general. I'm starting to hate this Race 07 things (frozen game), it never happens in rFactor or GTR2.

GPCOS race results

Hi guys,

Maybe atm you guys are allready busy with it, but for quite a few people there are 3 raceresults shown for Zandvoort, including mine. Although the '3rd' result have all zero point, making no difference for the actual standing, it's quite anoying seeing these results.
Just noticed this, and hope you can fix this.

Cheers :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play