Resource icon

Misc 2006 Oschersleben new AIW V0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
@Speednut357 @Peppelino would love to have your feedback. This is very much a work in progress FYI. In particular, I tried to do Speednut's trick to prevent first corner issues, and I'm not convinced I did a great job. If you, Speednut, would be interested in doing any fixes or making suggestions, that would be much appreciated. :)

I'm seeing Good improvement ! !, adding 5 Lines. Just had an extremely good 10 Laps in the Mini. Qual (7) and Race with AI=95. Checking replay, now.
Holding my 3rd pos. Agressive and very good, stable AI, struggling but not going very wide. Using my {small} mistakes for overtake. Me doing 1.48 - 1.49 throughout the Race. Ended up at 7th.
* Thanks, MJQT * :D
Next, STCC...

I'm seeing Good improvement ! !, adding 5 Lines. Just had an extremely good 10 Laps in the Mini. Qual (7) and Race with AI=95. Checking replay, now.
Holding my 3rd pos. Agressive and very good, stable AI, struggling but not going very wide. Using my {small} mistakes for overtake. Me doing 1.48 - 1.49 throughout the Race. Ended up at 7th.
* Thanks, MJQT * :D
Next, STCC...
It seems there is a slow command being given in the AIW line. There is one obvious one at the midpoint of the back straight, The AI brake for no reason. I think there may also be some slow commands given in some corners. The modification by MJQT looks good, but the AI is very slow at some corner entries. I can fix this by reforming the AIW line, and the AIW editing software will recalculate the speed for AI. I need help identifying areas where the AI seems to be slowing too much. Please look and see if you agree with what I am seeing.

It seems there is a slow command being given in the AIW line. There is one obvious one at the midpoint of the back straight, The AI brake for no reason. I think there may also be some slow commands given in some corners. The modification by MJQT looks good, but the AI is very slow at some corner entries. I can fix this by reforming the AIW line, and the AIW editing software will recalculate the speed for AI. I need help identifying areas where the AI seems to be slowing too much. Please look and see if you agree with what I am seeing.
I've seen issues with slowing in a straight line while I was experimenting from time to time (especially after modifying corner exit fast path) but could never reproduce the issues consistently. I thought I ironed out the slowing on the back straight, but it may be that I didn't. So please go ahead and dive in, if you're interested!

EDIT: I should also mention, I have a super busy time in real-life coming up for the next week, so won't be able to get back to this until then.

Regarding slow corner entry, it might be worth mentioning I did my test races this at 97-8% AI strength (with WTCC 2006 and 2007 cars FYI). So it also could be that the AI with these quite aggressive fast lines (which are quite similar to what I found to be optimal in hotlapping) is oddly slow at low AI strengths, but behaves well at higher strengths. For instance, in my testing, they sometimes lock up the brakes into T1 and T2 because of the aggressive, near straight-line path I sent them on. Maybe the AIW values (auto-generated by the guitarmaen editor) to slow them down in time at higher strengths causes them to slow too much at low AI strengths?

Last edited:
I've seen issues with slowing in a straight line while I was experimenting from time to time (especially after modifying corner exit fast path) but could never reproduce the issues consistently. I thought I ironed out the slowing on the back straight, but it may be that I didn't. So please go ahead and dive in, if you're interested!

EDIT: I should also mention, I have a super busy time in real-life coming up for the next week, so won't be able to get back to this until then.

Regarding slow corner entry, it might be worth mentioning I did my test races this at 97-8% AI strength (with WTCC 2006 and 2007 cars FYI). So it also could be that the AI with these quite aggressive fast lines (which are quite similar to what I found to be optimal in hotlapping) is oddly slow at low AI strengths, but behaves well at higher strengths. For instance, in my testing, they sometimes lock up the brakes into T1 and T2 because of the aggressive, near straight-line path I sent them on. Maybe the AIW values (auto-generated by the guitarmaen editor) to slow them down in time at higher strengths causes them to slow too much at low AI strengths?
Yes, I find that for first tests to look at AI line, slow cars show up the faults better. I like to use the Cortina from GTL mod. It is slow and a bit slippy on the tires. If I go straight into good cars like the WTCC mod it gets hard to see what's happening. And don't be worried about not getting back. We love messing with this stuff and look forward to when you have some spare time.

STCC 10 Laps AI=95. Sorry, no brakelights on back straits. Brakeing / slowing only on rumble pads. One funny stop slide at T1 .. Two Yellow flags somewhere.. Can't find it in Replay. One Alfa seen with superspeed in curb !
Some cutting in T2, went away due to tirewear later on in the Race, maybe..
Bad Qual (last) in the BMS. Abondoned Race. Watching as spectator and seeing strong, wiggling, AI in play.
ALL needs. 0.02, or more Grip.
Next, FWD..
(edit : sure MJQT, we will wait for you. no hurry :)

Last edited:
Views from the WTCC Race

Attachments

• WTCC Oscher 2006.jpg
    WTCC Oscher 2006.jpg
    629.5 KB · Views: 60
I am slowly refining the AIW line to improve AI. I think I am starting to learn how to do this. Still a beginner, so doing minimal changes and considerable testing. I have further restricted track boundaries to reduce race start mayhem into the first corner. Changed track boundary on the second corner to reduce AI cutting across the curb. Changed the racing line on the last corner into the main straight to improve AI speed on the home straight. We still need to cover the other faults that Peppelino has pointed out, will move on to them soon.

I am slowly refining the AIW line to improve AI. I think I am starting to learn how to do this. Still a beginner, so doing minimal changes and considerable testing. I have further restricted track boundaries to reduce race start mayhem into the first corner. Changed track boundary on the second corner to reduce AI cutting across the curb. Changed the racing line on the last corner into the main straight to improve AI speed on the home straight. We still need to cover the other faults that Peppelino has pointed out, will move on to them soon.
Looking good! Great work. :) In that video, though, I'd say the AI speed coming onto the main straight still needs work, possibly?

- So, where is the Stand-Up comedy scene, now ? ;)
Sorry short delay. I was testing to see if RFactor Can also be a practical offline racing experience. If you were wondering, no RFactor has much worse AI problems than Race 07. I think Rfactor AI might be blind. Any way must have another race at Oschersleben and see if I can make the Ai a little better. What grip values are you using at the moment.

Sorry short delay. I was testing to see if RFactor Can also be a practical offline racing experience. If you were wondering, no RFactor has much worse AI problems than Race 07. I think Rfactor AI might be blind. Any way must have another race at Oschersleben and see if I can make the Ai a little better. What grip values are you using at the moment.
Arrgh.. Blind, you say ?!
In short, .. How bad is it ?
( I need to start Reading. )
More work with rF, then. Sorry, I don't own that game. :)
DryGrip 1.05, (up from 1.0) < org
AI 1.05, same (up from 1.025).

Btw, Ratio in AIW by MJQT is down.
I can't keep up. Qal 1.33, me 1.36.
(edit AI=95)

Have nice Racing evening, m8! :)

Last edited:
I was racing with the WTCC 87 cars at AI of 90 and no qualifying to make it as messy as possible. I can work my way up to the top 10 if I don't make any mistakes. So this seems pretty good to me at my level (slow). AI still makes a few mistakes which I think is good. I added your grip values and will send the two files to check. Then I guess, send them to MJQT for final approval?

I changed the time of day to sunrise and adjusted the color values to give a slightly better color, the Race07 grey annoys me :)

Last edited:
I was racing with the WTCC 87 cars at AI of 90 and no qualifying to make it as messy as possible. I can work my way up to the top 10 if I don't make any mistakes. So this seems pretty good to me at my level (slow). AI still makes a few mistakes which I think is good. I added your grip values and will send the two files to check. Then I guess, send them to MJQT for final approval?

I changed the time of day to sunrise and adjusted the color values to give a slightly better color, the Race07 grey annoys me :)
You saw the Random off-track incidents, too ? :) Cool stuff..

*Exactly, a donation.. no need for a new thread, about this one.

Next. A Rain-race, maybe... :)))))
Cheers.

[ forgot the FFB settings.. good ?]

Last edited:
Looking forward to checking this out next week :)
Ooh, that'd be pretty. For the release version though, I'd like it to be the same as the true race for WTCC in 2006. Presumably this was the default value in the AIW, but I'm not sure.

By the way, much of the color scheme weirdness of RACE 07 disappears with the RACE Remaster mod shaders and modifications, so soon you won't have to put up with that :cool:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.