• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.
RD GP Championship (LIVE)
Click the cross to dismiss this video
Join the conversation here.

2 problems : resolution and freezes...Any advice ?

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Christos Andritsoudis, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Christos Andritsoudis

Christos Andritsoudis

Ratings:
    +15
    First of all I am using a tripple screen setup with a GTX 980.
    My first problem is that I want to run the game with the bezel correction resolution that I set up in the Nvidia control panel. The problem is that the game won't start with this resolution. Starting it with with the non corrected resolution works perfectly fine. Is there anything I miss?

The other problem is that as soon the message box on the bottom left corner appears (e.g. white flag or the spotter says something), the image freezes for about 3 seconds but the game continues. This is extremely annoying. Is there a way to fix this ? I have seen other people with kind of the same issue but no fix for it.

2. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness

Ratings:
    +670
    have you tried selected your Bezel res. in the configuration tool ? have you run the configuration tool yet?

3. Christos Andritsoudis

Christos Andritsoudis

Ratings:
    +15
    Yes I have.... As far as I know the configuration tool is the only way to set up the resolution ? I select the resolution in the configuration tool and then I start the game. The screen goes black and before the intro is shown the game crashes to desktop.

4. BioForce

BioForce

Ratings:
    +41
    Is the game starting without bezel correction? Which nvidia driver and OS are you running?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Christos Andritsoudis

Christos Andritsoudis

Ratings:
    +15
    Yes, the game starts perfectly fine without bezel correction ...
    I am using the 376.19WHQL driver on Windows 10

6. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports Premium

Ratings:
    +1,278
    I get the stuttering and freezing when the spotter says something but havent figured out how to fix it but i am sure it can be turned off. Could use crew chief as an alternative spotter.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BioForce

BioForce

Ratings:
    +41
    I'll try bezel correction later this evening. W
    Hi Christos,
    I just tried it with bezel correction (55 each side) and I can choose the new format in the config-utility. Everything runs smooth here. Win7 NVDriver 361.43
    Have you checked the integrity of the game by steam?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Christos Andritsoudis

Christos Andritsoudis

Ratings:
    +15
    Yes, this is what happens. Sometimes, when the spotter says something, the game freezes...
    How do I use the crew chief ?

I just did it. Let's hope that it will work

• Angry Angry x 1
  9. Christos Andritsoudis

Christos Andritsoudis

Ratings:
    +15
    Ok I solved my bezel res problem...
    I just had to set the bezel corrected resolution as my desktop resolution

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Guilherme Borghezani

Guilherme Borghezani

Ratings:
    +56
    and about freezes?
    i have the same problem

11. Spinelli

Spinelli

Ratings:
    +154
    You shouldn't even need to do that. As long as Nvidia Surround is enabled, you should be able to have your desktop set to any resolution, even a single screen resolution (eg. 1920x1080), and the game should still start in the particular resolution you chose for it. It shouldn't have to need to match your desktop res. Maybe it's a Win 10 problem?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Christos Andritsoudis

Christos Andritsoudis

Ratings:
    +15
    I solved it by deactivating the spotter in game. I use the crew chief spotter instead. Google it and you will find it on the reiza forums with instructions on how to install and use it. By using it, I solved the stutter and freezing. The game runs perfectly fine now

This is the link to the post on reiza forums:
    http://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/crew-chief-v4-spotter-for-automobilista.1094/

13. Christos Andritsoudis

Christos Andritsoudis

Ratings:
    +15
    Maybe it is, but it runs perfectly fine now, so I will not make any changes :)

• Like Like x 1