1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Explosions in Boston, USA

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ryan Mark Smith, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Suspected terrorist attack in Boston, America. Explosions went off at the finish line of a marathon. Lots of people in critical conditions, some dead. On Sky News now!

Mod edit: removed eye cancer from the title.

2. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

And that means you have to use CAPS IN THE TITLE? I DON'T THINK SO!

3. Well it's a serious topic.. :O_o:

4. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Just because something bad happens doesn't mean that it's ok to not follow the rules. As you can see from my posts it's unnecessary and doesn't look good either.

It's sad that people died and even more got injured but then again, that doesn't affect any common rules on here and the netiquette at all.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock
    I'M BACK... Again :)

+1 to that. but on a serious note my heart goes out to the familes of those affected today, today's events have dampened my mood. R.I.P

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Question is if they wanted to hit Obama (don't know if he was supposed to speak near that location) - but I can't believe it wouldn't have been found by the time he was there.

Maybe they'll blame Lil Kim and his crazy crew, so that they have a reason to start attacking North Korea. I mean, seriously: biological weapons in Iraq, anyone?

Either way, it's tragic for both the people hit and their families. Let's hope nobody is turning that into a political opportunity, although we all know that there's a high chance someone will use it for that reason.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

Two more devices have been discovered and have been dismantled.. Who ever did this, they were not alone

9. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

Unconfirmed reports: there has been another explosion in the JFK library

10. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

Some people saying it is an unrelated fire where as some are saying it is another explosion "confirmed" by police :cautious:

11. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

yep there has been a third explosion, this is getting worse and worse

12. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

let's hope that there are no more explosions, but for the looks of it, there may be more :speechless:

13. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Terrible events! Hopefully there will not be more of that!!! May these injured will live on, and the real culprits will be found as soon as possible before any false labelings! :thumbsdown:

On the other hand, it should also be remembered that there are people living in such conditions every single day. :( Such degrees to even today's Boston would be a peaceful day for them.

14. And here come the tweets blaming it all on Muslims. This is what annoys me, really does make my blood boil.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yeah, l me too.

Even after former british intelligence operatives explained that the London bombings were false flags, and others believing the 11M (Madrid) to be also false flags, after all the absurdities by Rumsfeld-Wolfowitz-Cheney-Bush, people will point their rage towards Muslims.

16. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

The muslim-blame-play was done in Norway as well. We all know how that ended.
    *edited*

17. . I, unfortunately, have several family members that went to this today and due to the high volume of calls, I havent been able to get in contact with them. I doubt they were near the finish line, but i'm still nervous and to see stuff like this makes me sick.

EDIT: Thank you :) Respectable act

18. I completely agree. We have just as many domestic wackadoos here in the US. We should start looking at our own people before we start blaming the Muslim community. I just hope that it had nothing to do with Al Qaeda though, because this may send some people over the edge, and make an already difficult life for Muslims in America, that much worse :(

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

To be honest. I didn't think about that. I just shared my first thought from the photos I saw. And it was a "not good" for the man in the picture, and all the people around.

I've been in your situation before. 2011, Shootings in Norway, I knew people that was on the island, and people being/supposed to be around the bombing area in Oslo.
    I was lucky that noone I knew on the island got physically injured, while only one in Oslo got injured. So I get what you are talking about, I guess I'm just a person that likes to get as much pictures/videos as possible to watch, to know if anyone I know is affected.

You'll get an honest, and real sorry from me though! I really am.

*I've edited my first post in here*

• Like Like x 1