rF2 1973 Formula Ford @ Cadwell Park - Friday 27th May 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sorry about ruining several people's races in race 1 there, but i was given a 'cut-up' manouevre that any white van man would be proud of... End result: lack of front-left wheel.
I'll be back for race 2 though. (so will the left-front wheel hopefully)

A night best to forget for me.

Sorry to Tim in race 1 for colliding when you came back on track.

Sorry to Jack in race 2 for not being prepared for you rebounding across the track.

Thanks Stu but lets never mention Cadwell again, or these cars.

not the best night for me as well :frown:

did quite well in race 1 and finished 2nd - had no chance of beating Oscar, so 2nd was the best I could get...

after my Alonso-esque start to race 2 (got from 3rd to 1st before we reached the 1st corner) Evan crashed into me in turn 8, which messed up my rear suspension and made the car undriveable - I then spun & crashed into a wall the next lap...

hope you guys all had fun... see you next time :cool:

Enjoyed these little machines.

And I always love a drive around Cadwell, even if it does come across as being constructed by Martin Brundle's Canadian Tarmac Laying Travelling Mates.

Cheers Mr Thomson, see you guys next week.

Started off badly, after the lap 1 incident. Evan has a point though, the virtual mirrors in these things are almost useless, so we'll need to find a fix for that somehow. (The image in the mirror is very low-res and stretched)

For race 2 i fluked pole(s) after others had bad qualie laps, but Martin & Evan were ahead into turn 1. After Martin went off, me and Evan had a good battle and then Oscar joined the fun, and those two cleared off into the distance. I found some good laptimes from somewhere, and began closing the gap ahead until Evan lost control exiting the final turn, hit one side of the track and flipped over to the other, directly into my path. DNF x 2.

Overall, these cars can potentially be great to race on any circuit, but i feel the 'mirror bug' has to be sorted first, as i imagine many of us use the 'virtual mirror' option. They're slightly different to the formula vee's in that there's a lot more setup stuff you can do to them, so i would say that was a minus point, but they're just as fun to drive once you work out how to find their 'sweet spot'!

Congrats to the race 1 podi (don't know who it was sorry!) and Oscar, Bob & Adam in race 2. (not least all finishers!)

Cheers Thommo & RD!

Lovely racing there so far as I could see.

Race 1 - Got pole by 1.4 seconds and bar having a bad start and having to push back to first it was fairly straightforward and all in all great fun.

Race 2 - After not qualifying I started 10th which did mean that I would have to race and pass other guys on track which since I am not Sebastian Vettel I can do without tearing a hole in their sidepods. The race was exciting to say the least, A great start put me to 6th by T1 and up behind a certain Mr. Hutchins who a lap or so later almost pulled over to let me pass, I quickly pulled onto the back of Stuart's car and before I had a chance to pass he put it round just before the mountain and bar scaring me silly gifted me another position. Adam was a tough nut to crack defending like it was for first on the last lap, I eventually got a run over the mountain and with some contact made my way up to 3rd and hunted down Ross. Ross again was hard to pass as he had a good load of pace in him but soon enough I made a move which stuck (thankfully without killing us both). A lap or two later I was behind Evan and fighting hammer and tong for the win, Evan did not leave me one gap to go through and no opportunities to work with. I conceded to just running about .2 behind Evan hoping he would make an error and with a mere 3 minutes left he did, unfortunately collecting Ross behind me. I kept it straight and came home with 1st.

2 out of 2 is great for me and I am really happy with how well everyone raced.

See you all soon,

Oscar.

What a bundle of fun that was. Race 1, got a great start and followed Martin but Oscar was around so gave room but upto T4 nearly hit Oscar under braking. As Oscar got by Martin I tried to follow Martin but he was just a little to fast for me so it was upto me to bring it home in 3rd.

Race 2, got held up a bit at the start only to find the flying Oscar now right on my tail. Following T around with Oscar looking to put a pass on me so on the next lap Oscar gets a run out of the last corner so I let him by going round T1. After T had his moment I tried to follow Oscar but he was just to dam fast so just waited to pick up any mistakes made by those ahead. After Adam made a mistake I was now upto 4th where it looked like I would finish but towards the later part of the race I noticed I had been promoted to 2nd so with just a few laps left and a nice gap to Adam I brought the car home.

Thanks T for a great little mod on a very tasty track. Wd to Oscar for winning both races, grts to the rest of the podi guys & thx to all that showed up tonight.

Quali 1: Made a few mistakes and was P5.

Race 1: I thought I made a good start but Ross pulled alongside so I gave him room around the outside of turn 1. I had to slow a bit not to hit Evan and then both Evan and Ross made contact. Ross understeered into me and I went off. Recovered quickly and was running 12th but after some passes and picking up places from those who made mistakes I was 4th by the end of lap 6. Stu was catching slowly but as soon as he got close, he went off leaving me on my own in 4th till the end.

Quali 2: Similar to Q1 but 4th on the grid this time.

Race 2: I got shocked by Martin's start but I fell in line through the opening turns in 4th place. After Martin had his off, I closed right in on Evan and Ross but Oscar soon caught me and I needed to defend. I couldn't see what was going on in the mirrors so I had to keep looking back which put me on the wrong line into the quick chicane. Because of this, I span on the exit which let Oscar and Bob past. Got it going again in 5th and set about chasing Bob. Stu was keeping close enough to pick up any pieces if I made a mistake so I had to be a little cautious. After Stu dropped back I went on the offensive which led to a couple of mistakes. Picked up 3rd after Ross and Evan's incident which I kept to the line.

I have to say it was a fantastic mod and track combo, really enjoyed the racing tonight. The only issue I had was the virtual mirrors were useless. The right and left ones were covered and the middle one was stretched which made it look like the car behind was closer than they actually were.

Thanks to Stu, RD, and all those who raced :)

The cars were fun, and I love the track...but the track doesn't love me. In both races I was caught up on the scenery; R1 after a bump from Bob M (no worries mate), and R2 after missing a braking point down the hill.

Oh well.

My first attempt at this game and after a little help from my friends I was feeling quite steady in practice; however, I never completed either event due to my own errors. Sorry for bouncing in front of you Bob M.

In Race 1, I was performing better than I had hoped when I slipped off track with about five minutes to go and lost the front-right wheel. Thanks to Oscar for pointing that out to me because I thought that the car was just behaving :wink: "sluggishly" on the side of the hill terrain.

In Race 2 I was not focused and quickly damaged the left-front wheel area this time and it was showing sparks. Went to the pits twice trying fix the problem but I was unable to correctly figure out how to repair the problem so I left the game. I'll have to do some pit practicng off line to get up to speed.

WD Oscar and all podium people, thanks to Stu for the event and cheers to all drivers.

Ok I gone tell a little story, an you will laugh at my account but I gone tell it anyway,
A few weeks a go I download the Formula Ford Mod an when the race on Cadwell was anounced I go out for some testing, start rF up an the new mod was the first I saw with a Orange car to my disposal (I like Orange ha ha ) after a few laps I realise that this car was way faster then the F Vee mod, had cooked up something that look like a setup an go back to pic up the F Vee ,of with I thought was the car we should race on Cadwell ( better reading the post good ha ha ) going to practice on Cadwell with the F Vee. ( laugh already ?? )

So on race day,start up rFactor an logging in .. ( you are laughing out loud now ??) looking against another car then expected so go back to the signup post an read careful this time to see my Error.....!! Ha Ha.:)

Glad we had a long practice session to make what looked like a setup to something that would be
good to race with.
Q on p11 an made a good start, just to make some early mistakes (as usual) put me back to almost last an start pushing my self to make up lost ground, resulting in hitting the tire wall an loosing my left front wheel race over, watching the race from the pits,great racing from Oscar for the win!

Race 2 , flipped in Q start on p11 but this time no big errors an had a good race an some nice fights enjoying my self an fin on p6 "thanks also to some non finish".
Grats to Oscar again for the win starting way down the feeld nice job!:good:
Grats Podium an thanks Stuart for setting this up an all the guys to race with..

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.