1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

1970 World Sports Car Championship 1.00

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Gareth Hickling, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member

1970 World Sports Car Championship 1.00

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=1970 World Sports Car Championship

This looks like a superb mod, I cant wait to have a race with it!

Attached Files:

2. So noone here finds this wonderfull mod, nice to drive?

3. Its not bad, but nothing in it makes me want to keep playing it. The sounds and cockpits aren't as good as other mods, and there are a few problems such as the cars have launch control which I doubt even existed in the 1970's.

4. Weird, the cars i've driven from this mod had nothing close to a LC. I've not driven them all though but most touring cars and a few prototypes. And i actually find the sounds pretty good, much better than most mods. Graphically it's not the best standard but as they said it allows low configs to play the mod with a pretty decent fps even with a good number of opponent on the track.

Else really cool mod to drive, i prefer the touring cars to prototypes, protos are fast in straights but not in corners.

5. Eck Simpson

Eck Simpson
    Premium Member

I like the mod alot, I've completed a couple of races already, with Prototype 5000. Great racing, I've nothing but good, to say about it.
    If there is LC, I've never used it, was still able to get a good launch, compared to those I drove with.
    I've driven the cars at tracks, as varied as, Donington National, Mosport and ofcourse, Le Mans. The Proto's were great to drive, on those three.

I say, bring it on.

6. I think this os one of the better mods available on RF.

Easy to install, plenty of different cars and very few errirs in the actual stykliong and shaoes of the cars.

As for complaining about sounds, I think this is possibly the best ever mod for sound, especially when you consider the variety of cars in the mod. Some mods like TCL are awful for sounds in some cars and good in others, this is superb apart fromt eh open Porsche being a six instead of an 8.

I do find though that some cars especially the 917 veer to the right at Le Mans under braking. Other cars dont do it? Has anyone else found this?

7. Quite a few of them do it, swerve around all over the place when you go anywhere near the brakes.

8. Oh thats good, not just me then

I ahve also found that brake temps vary incredibly when I am driving. Obviously when you lock a wheel you dont always lock just both at same time

But sometimes you can have 600 degrees on one front and 450 on another!!

Is there any clue as to how you can avoid this, maybe adjusting caster? I have tried lowering it but this doesnt seem to make a difference?

9. I must admit i'm quite enjoying just trying to master these things.

Teh Prototype 3000 cars are a good place to start though as they handle a bit better than the 5litre beasts.

10. very well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.