1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

1 - The rSeat 90 Minutes of Sebring

Discussion in 'Simracing Team Challenge' started by David Garcia, Feb 14, 2013.

1. [​IMG]
    • Day: 2013, April 4th
    • Event Start: 20:00 CET Time Zone *Check official clock in the main site.
    • Practice: 50 minutes
    • Qualifying: 10 minutes with 2 Super Pole laps format. 105% rule applies.
    • Warm Up: 5 minutes
    • Race: 90 minutes with Rolling Start

• Like Like x 3
  2. Cannot wait!

• Like Like x 1
  3. How does the warm-up thing work? I thought it went straight from Quali to Grid.
    Or will you run separate servers with the race on the other one and thus get 5 minute warm-up?

4. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

We are testing that, yes, it's possible there won't be warmup at the end.

5. ok cool,

Maybe it´s not that important, the car doesn´t feel that much different on fumes as a full tank anyways.

6. don't suppose there's anyway of watching this, like a live stream or something?

7. GlacierTV will be streaming :D

• Like Like x 3
  8. cheers, i look forward to it :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
  9. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

105% rule at qualifying applies?
    Does that mean if you mess up both your laps in qualy, you won't get to start at all? o.O?

10. here we go!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Hopefully they can look at practice times, like they do in F1.

12. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

We will indeed take a look to the practice times and check the ones over 105%.

If the slower than 105% in practice drivers don't make a qualifying lap under 105% they won't be able to start, so if you are in that barrier you should just make a safe lap on Q and then push maybe on the second flying lap.

If you have a practice pace into 105% and you fail on Q it will be considered part of the competition and you will start in the place your earned in Q, but you will start :)

13. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Good, that seems reasonable.

14. Ok - last time I turned an STC lap I was in desperate need of more speed. Looking at the entrant list of the upcoming cup and I see I will be starting off right where I left off :).

• Like Like x 2
  15. About the entry list, I have a very good new. ;)

16. rumour has it, my pal Garcia put the 105% rule in to keep me out of the field :whistling:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Poor you:roflmao:

18. :D I would never do that! It is more because with a field of 42 cars we have to grant everybody is up to speed.

19. wrong thinking, with a field of 42 you want the field nicely stretched out.

but looking at the lineup so far, we will have 41 guys within 1 sec. in quali, all nibbling away at the world record, then a gap of seven seconds and then me, lol.

20. Would there be any interest in me setting up a pre-season (6 hour) test session at Spa for this afternoon/evening?