1.7 TMV10 Issue

burrito

It's an opinion, nothing more, nothing less.
@kunos

TMV10 is a nice step forward in terms of the new SAT code (Much better FFB in open wheel cars) and the tyre radius growth. However I have to report a small bug (I am not sure if it was intentional), the slightly abstract input method of a lookup table for dx and dy mu (grip) that looks like this;

DY_CURVE(0=2.25|1000=2.0597|2000=1.8775|3000=1.705|4000=1.5438... etc
DX_CURVE(0=2.23|1000=2.0283|2000=1.8415|3000=1.6702|4000=1.5147.... etc

that was originally added in 1.5 (I think), has stopped working. Changing the header version to 10 and hopping in-game creates a scenario where the tyres have zero mu for dx as seen here (the same happens for dy);

R6x9QEj.png

I am hoping this was not done on purpose so new effects could be added and that the lines of code can be re-instated reasonably easily as it provided a much higher degree of control of mu against tire load especially for cars with high downforce.

P.s sorry for curved VR screen capture

@kunos

TMV10 is a nice step forward in terms of the new SAT code (Much better FFB in open wheel cars) and the tyre radius growth. However I have to report a small bug (I am not sure if it was intentional), the slightly abstract input method of a lookup table for dx and dy mu (grip) that looks like this;

DY_CURVE(0=2.25|1000=2.0597|2000=1.8775|3000=1.705|4000=1.5438... etc
DX_CURVE(0=2.23|1000=2.0283|2000=1.8415|3000=1.6702|4000=1.5147.... etc

that was originally added in 1.5 (I think), has stopped working. Changing the header version to 10 and hopping in-game creates a scenario where the tyres have zero mu for dx as seen here (the same happens for dy);

R6x9QEj.png

I am hoping this was not done on purpose so new effects could be added and that the lines of code can be re-instated reasonably easily as it provided a much higher degree of control of mu against tire load especially for cars with high downforce.

P.s sorry for curved VR screen capture
Does the .lut style of input work (the only cars I've tested V10 on are ones with Kunos formulas, but I have others with .lut style lookups), or are both the in-file and out-of-file inputs gone atm for V10?

The lut style physically doesn't work. However you are correct. All cars on TMV10, regardless of method of mu calculation, output 0 to the telemetry app (I wasn't aware of this when I posted the picture and thread). But is has been confirmed by the devs that the line method is not available in TMV10 currently.

Last edited:
On TMV10, DX/DY can't be read by any app apparently, it's just reported as 0 ... the LUT method is not working on TMV10, but it's the same issue with the other methods.

Another OT (sorry): there is definetely something wrong with the dampers, on the MP4/4 mod i'm working on, current values cause the car to bounce weirdly, lowering values solves it, but they used to work fine before 1.7.

On TMV10, DX/DY can't be read by any app apparently, it's just reported as 0 ... the LUT method is not working on TMV10, but it's the same issue with the other methods.

Another OT (sorry): there is definetely something wrong with the dampers, on the MP4/4 mod i'm working on, current values cause the car to bounce weirdly, lowering values solves it, but they used to work fine before 1.7.
Might make sense...Stefano said TM10 is a different section of code, so it might just use different outputs (i.e. the apps to use the <TM7 values, which since they aren't used, the apps return "0").

From my tests no method ever worked as intended from 1.3 regarding mu vs load variation.
I sent some telemetries to Aris but never received a precise answer.

He is probably still trying to find some free time to check.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back