1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC 1.1 beta1

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by 88qba88, Feb 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1.1 beta1
    - Fixed tyre fake shadows in slowmo replay
    - Improved AI
    - Added custom head movements per car (driver3d.ini)
    - Driver helmet/head now cast shadows in onboard camera
    - Added custom weather selection
    - Improved Pedals App
    - Rendering performance optimizations
    - Particle rendering optimiziations
    - Render Stats form now features units
    - Added "final" damage for high speed impacts
    - Added quality settings to replay that allow up to 4x longer replays
    - Fixed driver shift preload animation at race start
    - Fixed camera car not using FOV value
    - Fixed AI choosing wrong (slow) tyres
    - Updated FMod to 1.05.12
    - Tweaked exterior reverb parameters
    - Tweaked envelopment values for some sound events
    - Improved positional surface sounds
    - Fixed wind and tyre rolling noise
    - Fixed doppler effect for rev limiter and horn
    - Fixed FOV in mirrors, now editable in system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini
    - AI race starts greatly improved
    - Fixed wrong shadow resolution when moving through F6 camera car cameras
    - Fixed graphics not following dynamic track grip levels in Multiplayer
    - Fixed "fast" height evaluation for validating setup ignoring tyre pressure
    - FPS caps is now compatible with the new 1ms resolution timer
    - Suicidal server admins are now a protected species and not allowed to kick themselves anymore
    - Adjusted fuel consumption for most of the cars
    - UI now understand fuel range relative to car and track and adjust maximum race lap count automatically for quick races and race weekends against the AI
    - Added 4WD simulation in drivetrain.ini
    - Added live axle suspension geometry
    - [DATA] section in aero.ini is now obsolete and must be eliminated. HEADER=2 is mandatory if damage is used.
    - AC now support multiple configurations on circuits
    - A to B gameplay options for hillclimb tracks and specific circuits that support.
    - Tyre pressures can now be shown in digital_instruments.ini
    - Limited static weather situations can now be selected from the UI. Weather is also moddable.
    - Time Attack now has a global multiplier that controls the amount of time available for the first checkpoint.
    - Customizable TrackIR rotation range.
    - Chat window now supports full Unicode charset

• Beer Beer x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Cheesenium

Cheesenium
    Premium Member

Just a heads up, this patch broke all the mod cars at the moment so if your game CTD at loading, its because the game is loading a mod car.

Not sure how to fix it now.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. From I can (can't see) Oculus DK2 doesn't work right now - I'm trying to make it work at the moment. On normal singlescreen setup it works just fine.

4. Si

Si
    Premium Member

Shame about the mod cars, sure it will be sorted soon! However the patch 'seems' Awesome!!

5. I am 99% sure that this was not meant to be released to everyone, today.

This morning they released 1.0.5 to fix a minor issue in the UI. That then introduced a new bug (pressing any key on the keyboard in the launcher caused a launcher crash.) Two or three hours after we reported that issue, they then pushed 1.1 beta1.

I think that someone at Kunos hit the wrong button and meant to either re-release 1.0.4 or release a new bugfix 1.0.6, and instead pushed out the beta of 1.1.

There's no way they should be releasing a beta of a patch to 100% of customers - and yes it is breaking quite a few things.

First, the good news - the new penalty system is much better. Now when you go off the track in a hotlap, you don't get a 5 second penalty every time, instead you get this:

[​IMG]

This is soooo much better! Basically, one cut = lap invalid. No stupid 5 second penalties. If you cut again, then it doesn't even alert you that you cut - it doesn't matter because the lap is already invalid.

I haven't tried a race yet but hopefully this means proper flags for races, e.g. pit penalty.

The bad news - mod sounds are broken, mod cars are broken (because of sounds), and some circuits are broken. E.g. Vallelunga Club. It seems that they have changed the file structure for circuits - before you had two folders, Vallelunga and Vallelunga-Club. Now there is just one folder, Vallelunga, that has both layouts. That makes more sense. But for now it's breaking stuff - e.g. mods like RSR Live Timing think you're driving Vallelunga when you're actually on Vallelunga Club. And you can't have a Club setup, you can only have a setup for the main circuit (in the Setup I/O page, there's no longer a Vallelunga-Club entry.)

it's not just mods - even the game doesn't yet understand that there are two circuits. I just drove Vallelunga Club in a Ferrari 458 GT2, a combo I have done hundreds of times before, and as soon as I set a lap it said it was my PB. It seems it has lost/deleted/hidden all my PBs for the Club circuit :(

This issue might be for Vallelunga Club alone, as e.g. Silverstone still has separated "Silverstone", "Silverstone-national" and "Silverstone-international" folders.

Anyway, my short conclusion: I believe this patch was not meant to be released yet! It is not complete. Use at your own risk! If Steam says "Update Queued" you might want to take a full backup of your current AC folder first, so that you can continue to play 1.0.4 or 1.0.5. Otherwise, you might find you can't enjoy cars/tracks/situations that you are used to..

• Beer Beer x 3
  6. Si

Si
    Premium Member

you might have a point there!

7. Si

Si
    Premium Member

looks like its reverting to 1.05 lol!

8. Aaaaaaaand, its gone.

• Haha Haha x 1
  9. Haha I should have saved my 'breath' in typing all that..

Fortunately it has not gone for me, cos I just took a backup :D Now I shall be an unofficial beta tester. Haha, Kunos! :)

• Haha Haha x 2
  10. Frank

Frank
    Administrator Staff Premium Member

Locked as the thread is no longer relevant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.