¿Auto clutch=slower?

Im just getting started here in iRacing. I wonder If you get any disadvantage If you use "auto clutch" hep. I am using the Mazda (rookie class) now. As I am not used to use H shift + clutch pedal, I notice I do much faster times If I play with secuential paddles and auto clutch (so I can use left foot for bracking).

However, It is obvious that playing with three pedals and H shift is more realistic and fun. The question is, once I dominate manual clutch, will be faster than using paddles? I mean, is there any sort of penalty for those who play with auto clutch, or it would be just as fast

I have to say, I use blip technique when I downshift while playing with paddles, which makes me faster. If I use three pedals, that would mean heel and toe, which I have already tried and makes me totally slower..

Share your opinions please,,,Thank you

i, for one, have given up unlearning auto clutch after a couple of years using it. i tried some while back but it actually looked and felt like work while i play games for fun, there were hundreds of brakepoints missed and motors blown up, hours spent in free training mode with no online fun, so, yes, it's not very sim-like and probably quite unprofessional and it costs me about 0.5 a lap self-proclaimed experts say, but i will forever be an auto-clutch nerd :)

Just do whatever makes you faster. For you (and me, and a lot of other people), the fastest option seems to be a combination of paddles, left-foot braking, and blipping. I'll freely admit that I use a button clutch as well for some cars.

Is this realistic? No, but neither is driving a car where you can only see out of half the windshield. Sometimes, you have to adjust.

So you think Auto clutch does not penalize

However I have just started using none helps. It´s more realistic and I feel better shifting with H pattern and Clutch pedal

I would prefer auto clutch to be penalized. It would be more fair, because this is a Sim xD

Auto clutch does penalize. But again, you're not using it so it's no problem. Just curious: which H-shifter are you using? I have the old G25 and the Fanatec, but I don't like either much (although I think the Fanatec is better).

Auto clutch does penalize. But again, you're not using it so it's no problem. Just curious: which H-shifter are you using? I have the old G25 and the Fanatec, but I don't like either much (although I think the Fanatec is better).

Im using G27, I like it too much, no problems with it

About the clutch, definitly is too much fun driving none helps, but I still being a few slower

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.