RD Le Mans Series Season 4 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can kill me but why we even don't try to test the new 2012 version? If someone will not test it, we might be using the 1996 version for the next 5 years...
* Takes his gun *

Marco wrote there are issues with that track. I do not know what issues those are, but I assume that the 2012 is discarded because those issues are beyond RD to fix on short notice. A little faith in the staff might do you well. ;)

You can kill me but why we even don't try to test the new 2012 version? If someone will not test it, we might be using the 1996 version for the next 5 years...
Lol :) Am I to take this serious? We spend dozens of hours testing stuff BEFORE you come on to track in an event. Now you are suggesting to just try it and see? We spend as much time in testing prior to an event, as most do practice. Dont start this please.
Ow, and yes, I rather use the old layout if its stable and good for another 10 years, then a new layout which makes me nervous if the server will hold up for 24 hours, or people will have strange track moments.

Remarks like this make me wonder from time to time why I continuously spend all this time to test and arrange, as it's not seen, trusted or valued in any way by some.

Anyway, for the rest who does value a solid and stable event, I have to set prio's as I have to do the replays first tonight, and do the track afterwards. Please forgive me if it will be tomorrow Simsync is updated. Will do the best I can.

Well, with 2 of our drivers gone missing, Steven and i had the monumental task ahead of us of doing the 10hours by the two of us... SInce i was working until 10pm on friday, this left me little time to get some last minute prep in... compounding to the problem was that due to Stevens timezone (Ironicly in the US), i was looking at atleast starting with a double stint, quite possibly a triple stint, untill he was around to releave me.

So i decided to forgo qaulifying and instead do some last minute tweaks to the car, to make sure we would both be as comfortable as possible in the car. figured that in the spirit of things a safe car on track for 10hours was more important then gaining a few meters at the start :)

I managed a very satisfying triple imho, with little to no drama and consistant times, even had a really nice battle with Carl Middleton for the major part of my 3 stint, trying to keep to gap of 2-3 seconds, he got close a few times where i had to defend, but i'd like to think it was all clean and fair. Eventually he got alongside, and as there was little point in forcing the issue with so much time to go, i tucked in behind and tried to keep up with him. But a lap or 2 later, he ran straight off at the finish straight, not even touching the brakes, slamming into the wall??

Watching the broadcast replays on youtube, i see i did get some airtime, besides the battle i described above, i was also featured with a certain O. Hardwick and later burying my car into the wall lol, let me explain from my point of view.
Kun and Hardwick flew past me like nutters, only to see them take eachother off 2 turns up the road, i flash my lights as i came by the scene as it looked like one was trying an unsafe rejoin. half a lap later, i see them taking eachother off again along with a GT2 car in my rearview mirror...
Lap after that offcourse they come storming behind me, just as i am about to navigate some GT traffic, so i do what i'm supposed to do, stay on the racing line, drive the lines i always do, and respect the GTs. Kun gets by safely, but as Hardwick gets behind on the straight, i pull to the left of the track, leaving the door wide open, but realize halfway down the straight, i'm pulling away from him. So each turn we get to, there is a car between us in the brakingzone... i'm not going to pull over and park so he can get by, only to drive with the brakes on, on the 3 straights, i'm fighting my own battles, no matter how much he flashes. If he had gotten into a good position in the braking zone, i would have let him by, just like i did with everyone else. Eventually, i went a little wide in a corner, he finally got alongside (safely), and i let him by cleanly.

Sadly, as i was tucked in behind, and i went into the second to last corner, the car snaked right, just a bit, but on the apex, wich cought me out, i overcorrected, and off into the wall i went :(

I'm not aware of any 70% rule as i heard on the broadcast replay, so as i hit escape, i went clicking like a madman to get back on the server.... only to realize as i rejoined, my settings were still set as spectator...arrgh, so escape again, correct the settings, rejoin again... then as i sit in my pitbox, i grab my wheel (to slam my forehead on it for wrecking the car :p ) and the wheel feels floppy, like the FFB isn't there... sigh, so escape again, exit the game, reboot the wheel, rejoin.... hence me getting on and off :) wasn't trying to head back out right away, was aware of the penalty to be served :)

We're an endurance team...., even if we would have to serve a 30 minute penalty, we'd serve it, and come back out for the remainder, we are there to see the chequered ;)

Feel free to host a 24H testrace post-season if you're worried about having to use the older version forever ;) (not sure about forever being the right term here considering we're waiting for an rF2 endurance mod :whistling: ).

I don't think it's worth sacrificing reliability this last round, just because of some changes to the track. We're not in a testing phase now; this is a running competition.

We're here to race with/against others and have fun... the track will be the same for all anyway. :)

....Updated SimSync with a new series!

This update is kept in a separate series in SimSync, to keep it as an optional update. This contains nothing more then the original server replay file of Round 4 - 10 Hours of Road America.

To download it, simply start simsync, and tick the box for the series RDLMS S4 Replays
Start your sync, and it will indicate to download 1 single file. This will be put in the Replayfridge of your RDLMS S4 install.

To make things extra clear, this update does NOT contain LeMans track yet. The RDLMS S4 will be updated later this week.

Question, would the staff entertain the idea of awarding double points for Le Mans? say once at the 12 hour mark, and then at the end of the race? Imho, it would be nice for a 24hour race regardless, but now especially with one round that went walkies, it would/could make the race and championship that bit more exiting and give it some extra depth.

no extra effort (well, besides taking a screenshot of the live timing at the 12hour mark i suppose :p), yet potentially more rewarding for all involved. what do you guys say?

Question, would the staff entertain the idea of awarding double points for Le Mans? say once at the 12 hour mark, and then at the end of the race? Imho, it would be nice for a 24hour race regardless, but now especially with one round that went walkies, it would/could make the race and championship that bit more exiting and give it some extra depth.

no extra effort (well, besides taking a screenshot of the live timing at the 12hour mark i suppose :p), yet potentially more rewarding for all involved. what do you guys say?

My 2 cents (or pence) for what it's worth as a newbie to the championship; I like the idea of double points being awarded for this race, however I'm not sure awarding points mid race is entirely the right way to do it, plus there are a few variables and scenarios where it may get very confusing in such a long race.

The idea of double points awarded after 24 hours however may be a more viable option?

We will take it in consideration. Thats about all I can say now :)
cool, all one can ask for, really :)

however I'm not sure awarding points mid race is entirely the right way to do it, plus there are a few variables and scenarios where it may get very confusing in such a long race.

KISS principle ;) As the clock strikes halfway, a snapshot of current positions is taken... if you overtake someone at 11h59m59s to go, you're sol...:)
In years when the 24hours of zolder was part of the Belcar championship, double points would be on offer there to. sometimes awarding point at the halfway mark, sometimes even half points at 6hour mark, another half at 12 hour mark, and then a set of full points for finishpositions.

Marco says it under consideration, so let's wait and see :)

Welcome to the final round of the RaceDepartment Le Mans Series, Season 4. 30 Hours of racing lie behind us. Now there's 'just' 24 to go. All of them take place on the Circuit de la Sarthe where RaceDepartment organises the RDLMS S4 24 Hours of Le Mans. You can watch the race live on our YouTube channel.
TIME TABLE & SERVER
Name: RACEDEPARTMENT RDLMS
Server reboot: 8:45 GMT
Official Practice : 09:00 GMT
Briefing : 11:30 GMT
To the grid: 11:45 GMT
Race: 12:00 GMT

GAME SETTING
Race start - 12:00
Traction Control - Allowed
Auto Clutch - Allowed
Damage - 80%
Swingman - Not Allowed

BRIEFING - MANDATORY!
  • 11:30 GMT on TeamSpeak RS3.
  • Every team manager or his replacement must attend. One person per team.
  • Team manager informs the rest of the team.
  • No discussion. You can ask question, though.
  • Language: English.
STARTING PROCEDURE & FORMATION LAP
Qualifying driver = Starting driver. Any exceptions? Let us know!

PRACTISE SESSION RESTART AT 12:00 GMT: STAY IN YOUR PIT BOX!

The server session for the race has now started. The race itself starts after the formation lap!

Gridding
  • First the Safety Car will go out. You stay in your pit box.
  • League admins call drivers in grid order. They use your startnumber (e.g. #100) . Make sure you know yours!
  • When called, drive your outlap right away and join the back of the line on the starting grid. Do not pass the Safety Car. We start single file.
  • When you arrive, turn off your engine. Use the ignition button.
  • League admins announce: "Gentlemen, start your engines". Turn on your engine. Use the ignition and then starter button.
  • When the Safety Car departs, the formation lap start.
Formation Lap
  • Race leader drives 60kph (37Mph) during the formation lap.
  • No overtaking, no swaying, no brake tests.
  • Leader decides the pace coming out of the final turn.
  • No overtaking before the start/finish line.
  • If you spin or lose control, you must rejoin the line all the way at the back. Do not regain lost positions.
PIT STOPS & DRIVER SWAPS
Pit stops strategies are free. Please respect the 66% rule that dictates no driver can drive more than 66% of the total race length. In this case: 16 hours.

LAPPING
When a faster class approaches a slower class car for lapping, the slower class stays on his racing line and the faster car needs to find an opportunity to overtake the slower car in a safe manner. Faster cars needs to have some patience in certain areas of the track to overtake safely. We can not stress enough that lapping cars needs to be done with caution!! When you have the faster car it does not mean you have advantage over the racing line.

LIVE TIMING
As explained in the RDLMS Software Documentation, you will have live timing available for the race.
Links: Scoring & Trackview

The software requires teamwork and supplies the tools that are needed to do so. The driver is not provided with all kinds of information about standings and gaps via the hud during the race. Like real life racing, its the team that needs to share this information with the driver and keep him updated what is happening on the track and around him.

PENALTIES
  • Using ESC or having a disconnection will result in a time penalty.
  • Serve the penalty completely before rejoining the track.
  • Penalties can be monitored in the livetiming by clicking on the driver.
SIMSYNC PRO
  • Update it regularly to prevent mismatches!
  • Causing a mismatch will result in restarting the server and a DQ for the team!
TEAMSPEAK
All teams have their own TS channel under the RDLMS channel. Its based on the carnumber and class.Teamspeak RaceDepartment

CARS & SPECATORS
All teams have their "own" car at the test event based on their carnumber. Make sure you pick your own car at the test event. Cars starts with the carnumber followed by the teamname. Ofcourse when you have submitted your skin and is added to the sync, you will drive your own car from that moment on.
  • Spectators are not allowed during any official event, except during driver swaps.
  • Unneccesary spectators will get their team a DQ.
  • After joining as a spectator, the driver swap needs to be performed within 2 laps.
NOTE ON TRACK LIMITS
As always the rules or RaceDepartment dictate that at least the two left or the two right wheels have to stay within the lines that mark the track limits. We understand this is difficult to maintain all race long in the last of the Ford chicanes, especially for GT cars, but we wish to stress that cars hovering four wheels over the curb or anti-cuts will find themselves facing penalties. For the race this means the car will suffer a drive-through.

CHECKLIST
  • Your team/drivers are registered in GPCOS
  • Practised on the server with other cars
  • Tested PC performance
  • Practised driver swaps
  • Removed high risk pluggins (rFdynahud, Leos, TV Style etc)
  • Updated SimSync Pro
  • Obtained server password
  • Obtained TeamSpeak info and password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements