Race #10, Italy: Post-Race Discussion

Q1: I ws hitted by Mr. Wendt, I loose 10 places, carrying on lots of damages and
lool, I have watched my replay bro, I barely touched you and only did because you pulled across the track, so either you or I had lag as we always have had to each other.

On another note, I am unsure about Ben's final result as he was carrying a damaged car and getting an ADVANTAGE out of it.. My thoughts on racing were, that if you damaged a very important componant such as the front wing, then you go into the pits to repair it and that was an added penalty for either a mistake you have made, or Ben's reasons with Carlos moving across the track.. And normally you would return to the pits if it was over 4 laps from the end. But, Ben kept his car out there for 15 laps, suffering little to no sign that his front wing was even missing, this is what Monza is like, but my team-mate Fernando, should have had 3rd, but due to the straight line speed difference, he could only get close.

My main point for this is that If we are NOT allowed to change gear ratios before the race, how is it anymore fair if we allow people to do this during the race to gain a speed advantage to make it harder for people to pass.

Anyway, I would like to apologise to @Rens Klop Whom I hit in the first couple of laps of that race, It was my mistake I came in too deep for you under braking, I was expecting you to go a little faster, but I still probably would have made the mistake if you were even, Missed my brake marker.. So I am sorry If you had damages from that... :(

On another note, I am unsure about Ben's final result as he was carrying a damaged car and getting an ADVANTAGE out of it.. My thoughts on racing were, that if you damaged a very important componant such as the front wing, then you go into the pits to repair it and that was an added penalty for either a mistake you have made, or Ben's reasons with Carlos moving across the track.. And normally you would return to the pits if it was over 4 laps from the end. But, Ben kept his car out there for 15 laps, suffering little to no sign that his front wing was even missing, this is what Monza is like, but my team-mate Fernando, should have had 3rd, but due to the straight line speed difference, he could only get close.

As I asked in the WC forum, and concerning the possibility of driving without FW in Monza, one interesting question is if our car physics penalyze speed when Front wings are higher...

The examle of Alonso DRS is not, in fact a good example, as an open DRS has a significant negative effect on car balance in turns... while in our case, a minimal FW could have a benefit for top speed in Monza (Please note that I don't mean lap times, but top speed...which favours defending positions in the straights).

So Youtube examples are not perhaps the best examples although I appreciate always a good ideo ;). BTW, another "bad example"... but a nice video. I hope you remember this incredible driving of Giles Villeneuve on a wet track. I like it...

Last edited:
Q1: good laps despite a bit of traffic, but I can't manage to do better than 13th. I'm 14th.

Race: very good start, I gain two positions. At first corner I gain other two, so i'm 10th. When I'm attacking for 9th, I lose car control exiting from the second Lesmo; i crash, loosing my front wing. Embarassing moment in the pit lane, becouse I miss my box; sorry for the potentially dangerous situation I create. I let pass a driver, then I do reverse and I pit. This is my first lap, so i'm very far even from 12th place, but that's my target when I start the second lap. Soon I realize that I don't have the pace to recover so many positions, so I change target; I don't want to be lap, and I change my strategy on that purpose. The car is fast as in free practice; sometimes I have stability problems..as in free practice :), so the car is ok. Ten laps to go, and I'm following Siggy in 17th. When he spins at second Lesmo I succeed in avoiding him, but doing it I lose again car control, crashing and destroing my C7NX nose again.
The only target left is finish the race; I pit for repairs and then I finish in the middle of blue flags.

Worst performance of the season by far, but i'm always optimistic; 10 points with the worst perfomance are something, not nothing. I need to be a bit more carefull, but of course continuing to push and giving all at the same time.

Thanks to my team (Monza results were one of the best team results in 2013, so good work) and to the staff; congratulations to Kiss and to the podium. See you in Suzuka ;).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back