Race #10, Italy: Post-Race Discussion

fruitcake.jpg

21.9 in PQ, personal best.

22.2 in Q1, only had one clean lap because one driver was stopped in the first corner and in other lap another one spun in front of me. Just 0.4 from the best time, but P12.

Was held up at the start, and I had damage on both the front and the rear of the car.

Then I had huge traffic, was able to overtook both Valeriano and Puoti, although lost A LOT of time with Puoti, so I was 4 secs behind Leitner in P9.

The car was so wounded that I was consistently half a second off my pace, but was able to drive without making mistakes and I gained some positions until my stop.

I did an undercut to overtake Zipoli with the softs and found myself behind Tusting. Then Carlos Martín rejoined the track in a dangerous way I think a made Tusting lose his front wing. I had to back off and Zipoli was able to catch me.

It was such a dangerous situation that I didn't want to make a move to pass Tusting unless it was clear that I was going to pass him.

Zipoli overtook me leaving no room for me at Turn 2 but then spun trying to pass Tusting. Alberts was able to pass Tusting, but fortunately for me when Zipoli tried it again crashed with him.

So after Álvaro's brake problem and Schnyder's crash at the end, I finished P4 behind someone who did 15 laps with no front wing and weaved in the straight to defend his position.

512px_F1_black_flag_with_orange_circle_svg.png

so pissedoff lost connection after got hit in rear off grid because the guy infront of me was slow off the line so i was too cautious then i spun after pitstop because of slight damage.. then lost connection so angry chair is now upside down other side of room.....

Good luck at past races, bad luck today. Race was interesting, I had a good duel with Franz, but it looks that was the reason we broke brakes. It's a shame because I think I could fight the champioship if rest of drivers made mistakes, but today I fail, so now it's impossible.

Yeah really nice battle mate, a shame that our brakes died could have been some interesting final laps :)

congrats Daniel

Q1: I was a little afraid of it (the car was setted for the race), we needed a good lap to get into it.

Q2: I do a stupid mistake in Lesmo 1 which costs me 5 tenth. Im 7th

Race: The race start was as expected, we didnt loose any position, but in Lesmo 2 I loose some traction, then I loose 3 pos. In Parabolica (same lap) I went wide tried to overtake Leitner, I just loose one position, but a great amount of time. In lap two i was trying to overtake Balzs when I ws hitted by Mr. Wendt, I loose 10 places, carrying on lots of damages and any hope for a good result, Im 22nd. I was trying to push, but the car reactions were horrible, I was more than 1 sec off from my real pace.

I had a very nice battle with Rens, the fairest driver I ever seen, little contacts were made, but I didnt care too much about it, there is no war without blood.

Unfortunatly I made Ben's race, by three stupid mistakes I did in 40 sec. I was planning to pit one lap earlier but I didnt remember to request pits, so I stayed one lap more on track. Second mistakes was going a bit wide in Lesmo 1, I touched the gravel and then I spun. In that moment I didnt know what to do, so I tried going to the right for giving Ben the good line, but then i realised he already took that line, sorry mate :unsure:.

Once I pitted I realised how slow the car was. When i was practising second stint, my pace with soft was of 23.5-23.8 and in race I was in 25's.

I had no clean race so far, even in Australia I had contact and damage... I just wonder next time can be a clean race...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%