Poll: How do you rate the new F1 V6 engine sounds

i dont mind if cars can go faster
but indeed V8 sounds looks particularly good to hear although i found it somehow quite strident
as long V6 has been developed for reducing consummation on environment purpose
in the opposite, nose's aestheticism is big deal
shame FIA still didnt learn from past, reducing nose height due to Webber jump accident will produce another issues like Newey said
for a matter of security they might create another ones

My answer.

a066ba37a9df.gif

I got to hear both on the same day.
Coulthard driving the old Redbull before the new F1s came out.

Cons:
- No more hair raising, rip through you V8 sound and makes you smile as it passes by...

Pros:
- Weird video game tune
- The new noises: tyres squeals, brake noises turbo whistle
- No more need for ear plugs
- You can know hear the crowd's reactions through broadcast

In my opinions it makes better TV and worse live spectacle.

Honestly, new engines are better for the audience.. Just think about it, either you sit 1½ in your own inner dialogue with full ear protection or talk, cheer, shout and participate in social activity. It's still enough to mute track announcer, which i was surprised. I thought the were even quieter..

Its F1 and it needs to be totally over the top :) The green lobby can invade any other series but not F1.

Why is there a series called Formula E again as F1 itself is already 50% Formula E :)

Last year I went to the German GP and the sound of the engines were just amazing. The beginning of the race when all the drivers drove past it was giving me chills, and it made smile:D. I don't think these V6 engines will give me that feeling anymore.:cry:

When i saw F1 car onboard first time and thought he was cruising around when actually he was pushing, that says everything for the sound

I don't know why everyone loves the V10 era, they sounded like **** in my opinion. Sure they were loud and all, but as far as having a beautiful sound, no way. Terrible.

As for the 2014 sounds, I have two complaints... Too synthetic sounding and a bit too quiet. It's average for me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back