1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Poll: How do you rate the new F1 V6 engine sounds

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Bram, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Very good

10.5%
  2. Good

25.3%
  3. Average

22.3%
  4. Bad

21.6%
  5. Very bad

20.3%
  1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

After hearing the motor symphony that is V8, V10 and V12 over the last decades the new introduced V6 turbo engines in 2014 are just........... <insert your opinion>.

Make sure to listen to this first: The Best of Formula 1 Sounds

2. i dont mind if cars can go faster
    but indeed V8 sounds looks particularly good to hear although i found it somehow quite strident
    as long V6 has been developed for reducing consummation on environment purpose
    in the opposite, nose's aestheticism is big deal
    shame FIA still didnt learn from past, reducing nose height due to Webber jump accident will produce another issues like Newey said
    for a matter of security they might create another ones

3. I like the Mercedes and Ferrari quite a lot, but the Renault sounds really odd compared to the other two.

4. Renault sounds much better than Mercedes and Ferrari to be honest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sounds are irrelevant to be honest. As long as the racing continues, I'm happy.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. My answer.

[​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 6
  7. Formula E cars will make a more pleasant sound

8. I got to hear both on the same day.
    Coulthard driving the old Redbull before the new F1s came out.

Cons:
    - No more hair raising, rip through you V8 sound and makes you smile as it passes by...

Pros:
    - Weird video game tune
    - The new noises: tyres squeals, brake noises turbo whistle
    - No more need for ear plugs
    - You can know hear the crowd's reactions through broadcast

In my opinions it makes better TV and worse live spectacle.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. I liked the Mercs more than the Renault. Overall, good.

10. Honestly, new engines are better for the audience.. Just think about it, either you sit 1½ in your own inner dialogue with full ear protection or talk, cheer, shout and participate in social activity. It's still enough to mute track announcer, which i was surprised. I thought the were even quieter..

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Bram

Bram

Just had to throw up listing to that video. Beautiful symphony of '13 cars and the horrible group of bees in '14.

Reminds me of the TDI entering the WTCC and people actually saying they liked the sound of the engine. WHAT SOUND :)?

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I've always been one of those that think loud engines are a horrible sign of unefficiency, poor design and too small dicks in the cockpit..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  13. Bram

Bram

Its F1 and it needs to be totally over the top :) The green lobby can invade any other series but not F1.

Why is there a series called Formula E again as F1 itself is already 50% Formula E :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Last year I went to the German GP and the sound of the engines were just amazing. The beginning of the race when all the drivers drove past it was giving me chills, and it made smile:D. I don't think these V6 engines will give me that feeling anymore.:cry:

15. I would like that the F1 use V6 Twin Turbo like in 1988

Go at 2:50

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. V10 FTW

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  18. Lazarou

Lazarou
    Premium Member

It would sound alright in a road car, but as for the pinnacle of motorsport they are having a giraffe.

[​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 2
  19. Dux

Dux
    The 1st MK Formula 1 rFactor Sim-Racing Champion Premium Member

When i saw F1 car onboard first time and thought he was cruising around when actually he was pushing, that says everything for the sound

20. I don't know why everyone loves the V10 era, they sounded like **** in my opinion. Sure they were loud and all, but as far as having a beautiful sound, no way. Terrible.

As for the 2014 sounds, I have two complaints... Too synthetic sounding and a bit too quiet. It's average for me.

• Agree Agree x 1