How to switch from Simbin to Altbierbude lobby

Here is some instructions for how to switch lobby in GT Legends. I suggest trying the instructions for Digital version first, as this one has been tested and works both for Digital and DVD version

New digital version of GT Legends
Switch from Simbin to Altbierbude:
  1. Write down your current Username and Password for the Simbin lobby for future reference. If you don't remember it you can find it in Userdata\"Name"\Name.PLR (just search for password in the file)
  2. Move the "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" away from the main GTL directory and keep it somewhere safe. Also move backup files of LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt if you have any.
  3. Launch GTL
  4. Go to Multiplayer->Internet and click Register. Select a different Username and Password than your old one. Click the arrow (not login button) to register. If you don't get "Registration Successful" at first, try a few different usernames/passwords.
  5. When you have registered successfully, you will be taken to the login screen. It will still show your old Simbin Username so you first have to replace it with your new Username and Password. If you login successfully you should then log into the Altbierbude lobby.
  6. If it didn't work, try to register with a new username
Switching back to Simbin:
  1. Move the file "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" back to the GTL main directory
  2. Launch GTL
  3. Go to Multiplayer->Internet and login with your old Simbin Username and Password
Alternative instructions for DVD version of GT Legends
Switch from Simbin to Altbierbude:
  1. Write down your current Username and Password for the Simbin lobby for future reference. If you don't remember it you can find it in Userdata\"Name"\Name.PLR (just search for password in the file)
  2. Make a backup of "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" located in your main GTL directory. If the file doesn't exist, create it.
  3. In the "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" delete the old content and write 94.23.231.41
  4. Launch GTL
  5. Go to Multiplayer->Internet and click Register. Select a different Username and Password than your old one. Click the arrow (not login button) to register. If you don't get "Registration Successful" at first, try a few different usernames/passwords.
  6. When you have registered successfully, you will be taken to the login screen. It will still show your old Simbin Username so you first have to replace it with your new Username and Password. If you login successfully you should then log into the Altbierbude lobby.
  7. If it didn't work, try to register with a new username
Switching back to Simbin:
  1. Open the file "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" located in the GTL main directory. Delete the old content and write gtlsrv.race-game.com
  2. Launch GTL
  3. Go to Multiplayer->Internet and login with your old Simbin Username and Password

Hi, I would like to put a question.

I have a GT Legends instalation up and running (connected to Altbierbude lobby), but I will make a new one (digital) for the RD server. When I launch this new, clean instalation of GT Legends, which lobby will appear to me? What do I have to do to go to the lobby where RD servers are located? It is the Simbin lobby, right?

Thxs in advance, :thumbsup:
Antonio Tavares

In trouble again,can't connect to the server (not found) after using a clean up tool lost all my passwords,not a big probl. but I found that in the host file (windows 32 etc) the ip address is gone,did try the ip from TS 213.168.xxxxx is not working,can somebody give me the right address please...

no luck till now,screen host
f5HYfswm
file:

Strange this. All of a sudden 3 guys can't connect while it was fine for at least 3 others. I know Roland did nothing to his computer since last race and now it wouldn't connect to lobby. Seems like something changed on the lobby side. For you guys having trouble I would recommend to ask the Simbin staff here (log in and click submit a ticket):
http://www.raceroom.net/helpdesk/

Hans Sneep
Tim Ling
Roland Warmenhoven

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%