Help with showing Track Map

Hi, just recently got rF2 and noticed it had no track maps. I downloaded Track Map plugin, but it doesn't appear (ex. Malaysia), though I see the files under the Plugin->Trackmap->Tracks folder. Is there a key I have to press to activate it? Doesn't work with Num 0 too. Was thinking then it should show up automatically, but even after a couple of laps, it still doesn't show up.

Last edited:
Thanks @Ray Lexes. Sorry for the noob question, still familiarizing w/ the interface. But how do you open the menu 'from track map'... as I don't even see TrackMap. Is there a key I need to set/press to activate it?

Last edited:
Thanks @Ray Lexes. Sorry for the noob question, still familiarizing w/ the interface. But how do you open the menu 'from track map'... as I don't even see TrackMap. Is there a key I need to set/press to activate it?

"alt + space" to open it :) to move through the menu use the arrow keys. Go on track, drive the inlap and than press "alt + space" and than record the lap for the track map (it start's recording when u going over the start line)

Instead of recording the map from within the game you can add a new map using the "real" track information. Here's how.
Out of game
1) Using Mas2.exe utility stored in rFactor2\Support\Tools\ folder,
2) Extract All GDBs and AIWs from Track files stored in rFactor2\Installed\Locations.
3) Save GDBs and AIWs in rFactor2\Plugins\TrackMap\Tracks

Yeah, thanks guys. @Larry Thomas, I'm aware of that already, per instructions. Done many maps already, still no map appears. Actually already tried working on it w/ fazerbox but we still can't get it to appear. He checked my installation and it appeared fine. He then thought it was because I had 2 monitors (w/c he hasn't tested yet), but even unplugging 1 still didn't solve it. Guess I'll just have to go w/o maps. It would have been nice to have his app, as map plugins work w/ my other sims including rF1.

Thanks anyhow.

Yeah, thanks guys. @Larry Thomas, I'm aware of that already, per instructions. Done many maps already, still no map appears. Actually already tried working on it w/ fazerbox but we still can't get it to appear. He checked my installation and it appeared fine. He then thought it was because I had 2 monitors (w/c he hasn't tested yet), but even unplugging 1 still didn't solve it. Guess I'll just have to go w/o maps. It would have been nice to have his app, as map plugins work w/ my other sims including rF1.

Thanks anyhow.
Mine doesn't work either but I can see it's installed in the plugin menu in game but alt-space = zilch baby

Install SimHub, set your game to windowed or borderless windowed, set SimHub to communicate with the game, start the game, create new overlay, add track map widget, save overlay layout. Not much to talk about, really.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back