F1 2010 Formula One 2010 (Codemasters)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
As seen on autosport.com - F1 News: New computer game deal for F1:

Formula One is to have its first official computer game in more than two years next season following the capture of a new official licencing deal with British gaming company Codemasters, autosport.com can reveal.
With Sony having published the most recent official F1 game last summer, based on the 2006 season and available only on PlayStation consoles, Codemasters' deal will see F1 return to a multiformat platform for the first time in many years.
The game is set to be available on all major home consoles, as well as handheld and PC gaming formats.
After weeks of discussion between Codemasters and Formula One Administration, it is anticipated that the company will produce the first game next year, based on the 2009 F1 season. This will be the first game that Lewis Hamilton will appear in.
Rod Cousens, chief executive officers of Codemasters, said: "Formula One is ambitious in expanding its reach with more circuits planned beyond recent additions in the Middle East and China. It is also ambitious in expanding its reach via technology.
"The digital communities that computer and video gaming creates will play a key role in further growing the F1 audience and connecting them globally.
"As a world-leading creator of driving games, this alliance with F1 is the jewel in Codemasters' racing crown and creates an undisputed segment champion."
Chris Deering, chairman of Codemasters, added: "Codemasters' success and recent innovations in the racing game space makes the company more than appropriately tuned for the challenge.
"The combination of F1's new momentum of expansion and Codemasters' contemporary technology and past experience is the breaking of a new dawn for the sport, on the track and on the HD game screen."
Codemasters Studios has already begun preparations for the major task of creating the new game, by strengthening their team with personnel from the now defunct Sega Racing Studio.
There are 350 people working on the project, which will be based on the EGO Engine that Codemasters has put to good use on the Colin McRae: DIRT and soon-to-be-released Race Driver: GRID titles.

Great news! Codemasters make great racing games. I must say I never played the Toca releases after Toca2 because I didn't find them realistic enough. It's that the reason why GTR is so populair..?

I hop codemasters will learn from GTR/GTR2 and GP2/GP3.

If codies get it anywhere near the crammond gp\2\3\4 series then there onto a winner in my eyes, best formula 1 series of games ever and still looking great today, only thing it lacked was decent online code. Theres no reason they cant make a good sim that will appeal to the masses, they have the experience and expertise there is no doubt about it, saying that the only codies racer i really rated was toca2 in the late 90`s :)

Only tried trd3 since then and that game had so much potential but got wasted trying to do too much, take half the cars out and concentrate on the other half it could have been a seriously good game but kinda got caught in the middle, if they are doing an f1 game and only have to concentrate on one formula then there is every chance that they will produce an absolutely storming game!

• shenken

I only know one good game that was released by Codemasters and that was Operation Flashpoint which was and still is IMHO a very good FPS with really good AI and rocks in COOP mode.

I doubt that Codemasters will not focus on simulation that much for us simracers. The F1 is a big merchandise and I think you can only the most out of it, if it stays a plain console arcade game. It´s like EA´s NASCAR titles now. They focus since NASCAR Sim Racing only on Console product now. So it´s all about money. But I would be very surprised if i´m wrong with my doubts on Codemasters. So lets wait and wait and wait and wait........ :bike:

Formula 1 2009

Good news for us F1 sim fans. Gavin “Uncle Chewy” Raeburn, Codemasters’ GRID Executive Producer has stated that their upcoming title “F1 2009″ will be a full out sim, rather than being an arcade style game. He went on about how it will feature full out physics, rules and regulations but still was a bit iffy about which side it would take (sim or arcade). He also mentioned it having an arcade function. Here is a little quote from the Codemasters forum.

“Right, I haven’t read every post in this thread, but I get the jist and just to stop you all from panicking too much… GRID and DiRT are aimed at an arcade audience and they do that very well. F1 has different requirements and will get a completely different treatment from our in-house team, including full on sim options, physics, rules and regs etc. We will also have arcade requirements catered for as well. How this will be split we do not know yet, but split it will be.”

Source: Codemasters Forums

• shenken

:ranger:

Sorry, Codemasters and Simulation? I simply can´t believe that! I don´t even think that Codemasters will get indepth telemetry data and secrets from F1 teams to develop an F1 simulation. I am sceptical on this project what they try to claim. Codemasters can babble many things day in day out but when the game gets RTM, the truth will be definately somewhat different :rolleyes:

:popcorn:

• Andy Marsden

I'm still going to wait and see, just because someone important at Codies says it will be sim doesn't mean it definately will be imho.

:ranger:

Sorry, Codemasters and Simulation? I simply can´t believe that! I don´t even think that Codemasters will get indepth telemetry data and secrets from F1 teams to develop an F1 simulation. I am sceptical on this project what they try to claim. Codemasters can babble many things day in day out but when the game gets RTM, the truth will be definately somewhat different :rolleyes:

:popcorn:
People are laughing at them because what they may call a sim, might just be a more professional arcade game for us...so don't get your hopes too high yet. We will see :pound:

Its a sim, a sim of an arcade game im sure. Saying that, i've been playing Grid lateley, its hugely entertaining, but i still need the sim of Race07 to feel quality car handling. Though saying that even Race 07 is arcadish, no doubt dumbed down a bit for the console players, what with no pitstops, no decent length races etc...
GTR2 style sim needs to come back, with recordable telemetry..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back