F1 2013 F1 2013 - Unwanted Steering Assistance

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
topbanner_zpsbeb80e9b.png

Hi Folks!

I have found an issue where F1 2013 automatically provides Steering assistance. I couldn't work out why I was putting in the same amount of steering angle in 7th gear corners at 280kph as I was in hairpins at 40kph

Then after some quick research I discovered something that wheel users must do (not sure if its selected by default. Mine wasn't). In the controller options, MAKE SURE you select 'Override input device type' to be 'Steering Wheel'.

It has changed the game for me. Loving it now. Totally different game...

Let me know if this solves your issues..

f1_201306-10-201323-04-19-703_zpse0100b72.png

needhelp_zps89e3a7c9.png

If you need any help please feel free to ask away!
If you see a post which is offensive or bullying, please hit the 'Report' button at the bottom of any post.

Cheers,

The
F1 Team
Click Here To Contact Us

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it makes a huge difference, I did it right away as I assumed there must be a bug in the controller setup because the wheel felt so heavy and lifeless until this option is enabled.

Good find and all wheel users need to know about it !

Well, I got those random left and right kicks you speak off. But more often than not what happened was that my wheel steered in the direction of the corner, like a magnet. So... it fits really well with your description of the 'unwanted steering assistance'.

I figured I'd mention it in case someone wondered here based on the thread title :)

topbanner_zpsbeb80e9b.png

Hi Folks!

I have found an issue where F1 2013 automatically provides Steering assistance. I couldn't work out why I was putting in the same amount of steering angle in 7th gear corners at 280kph as I was in hairpins at 40kph

Then after some quick research I discovered something that wheel users must do (not sure if its selected by default. Mine wasn't). In the controller options, MAKE SURE you select 'Override input device type' to be 'Steering Wheel'.

It has changed the game for me. Loving it now. Totally different game...

Let me know if this solves your issues..

needhelp_zps89e3a7c9.png

If you need any help please feel free to ask away!
If you see a post which is offensive or bullying, please hit the 'Report' button at the bottom of any post.

Cheers,

The
F1 Team
Click Here To Contact Us
Where is the controller option to do this

Sorry if this is off topic ... but I get sudden left kicks in my steering FFB when going through curves at Suzuka ( Fanatec Porsche Wheel Turbo S ).

It is really annoying and I have tinkered with the FFB effects file and settings but it persists. I have the steering override enabled in options.

Anyone else have this problem ?

For the PC users, if you customize the actionmap for your wheel to your liking you don't have to change the override from default. Problem happens when you customize your buttons in the game set up and don't do the suggested fix from Dan.

yeah I have vsync on from within the game ... do you mean turn on vsync from the nvidia panel ? and daveo I have a custom made actionmap file for my Fanatec PWTS but I still turn on steering wheel overide else it doesn't feel as responsive.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back