2012 World Rally Championship

Yeah not good for the sport. To be honest I don't see Citroen continuing either in rallying. As Loeb will make the move to the WTCC in 2014 maybe the car brand will also move with him?

At least Ford are support M-Sport with the development of the Fiesta WRC of which the new facelifted model is set to debut next year. I am not really interested in the Manufacturers Championship anymore, it is just a joke. A teams championship would be more appropriate for the WRC in it's current state. I do hope M-sport can get a good sponsor for next season and produce good results which might entice Ford to reinstate it's manu status

I tend to agree, the Manufacturer's Champs has been so one sided for the past couple of years, and I imagine that Citroen won't have much of a challenge next year either, that it won't continue as previously.
I also suspect (fear) that this is a continueing withdrawl by Ford from full motor racing support. Next to slide by the wayside might be V8 Supercars, in maybe a couple of years.
They just aren't financially strong, and Ford are moving away from V8's and RWD cars in the Australian domestic market.

True true. The slowly declining number of teams running blue badge in V8SC over the last few years has been worrying... And now that Stone Bros is running Mercs next year, it doesn't really get any better. Such a shame because Ford has always been one the most widely participating manufacturers in motorsport.

Turbocharged Four-In-Line are what the most part of the world will buy. V8s are not that efficient, and Ford has been and will be/wants to stay a mass producer.
In Australia, things may be different though, but maybe it's just the hard cut where something good has to say bye as well.

They drop hundreds of employees in Belgium (I think) and how to explain this in "wasting" money in the sport? (in speech marks...)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back