2012 World Rally Championship

Škoda has relieved their plan for 2012 and their car design.

Juho Hänninen will attend in the whole IRC series, Jan Kopecký will focus on Czech Championship and part of IRC, where he will help Škoda to get third title in a row in constructors.

First event, where we will see Škoda Motorsport will be Janner-Rallye in first weekend of January 2012.

fabka1.jpg

fabka2.jpg

Its just Škoda Motorsport theme. They firstly applied it on Fabia WRC in 2003 and from then they kept with it. You can see it on other Škodas, which are not part of Škoda Motorsport, mainly because that those cars are supplied by them and in some way supported.

Original from 2003:

logo%20motor.jpg

108_0813_EK_4_Valkola_Toni_Gardemeister_ja_Paavo_Lukander_Skoda_Fabia_WRC.jpg

I am not much informed how its about Ogier, but what I read was he will run the whole season (I am not sure whether they meant all 13 races or just the SWRC part, but I bet he wants to run them all) in Škoda Fabia S2000. No clue about teammates though

Staff of Rally Argentina yesterday announced the format of this event. 32nd volume of South America rally will be made from 19 stages. It will be the longest event in 2012 calendar and it will also have the longest stage, which is El Durazno-Ambul with over 66 kilometers - such a long stage hasnt been driven for tens of years. Other 7 stages will be longer than 32 kilometers. The format will be classic (except Thursday's super special), Friday - Saturday

This concept is meant to get closer to history of rally and reminds more endurance event.

Aww hell yeah. This will make the rest of the season look like a sunday drive. Glad to see they're putting the endurance element back into rallying. Hopefully it will be a big challenge for everyone in 2012 and make it more interesting!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%