1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

2012 World Rally Championship

Discussion in 'World Endurance Championship' started by Ondrej Kapal, Dec 17, 2011.

• Like Like x 1

2. Škoda has relieved their plan for 2012 and their car design.

Juho Hänninen will attend in the whole IRC series, Jan Kopecký will focus on Czech Championship and part of IRC, where he will help Škoda to get third title in a row in constructors.

First event, where we will see Škoda Motorsport will be Janner-Rallye in first weekend of January 2012.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cool design! Love it!

4. Manuel De Samaniego

Manuel De Samaniego
    3X Race Department Rally Champion

i like it, but i am getting a little tired of that green "spike thing" in the side, every single skoda S2000 ever seems to have that :( what does it mean? every skoda has that design.

Thanks

Cheers

5. Its just Škoda Motorsport theme. They firstly applied it on Fabia WRC in 2003 and from then they kept with it. You can see it on other Škodas, which are not part of Škoda Motorsport, mainly because that those cars are supplied by them and in some way supported.

Original from 2003:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Manuel De Samaniego

Manuel De Samaniego
    3X Race Department Rally Champion

I see :)

Still, very boring that everyone else uses it too.

Cheers

7. What about Ogier? He'll run a Fabia in the WRC S2000 class, right? Does he have a teammate or is it a single car entry?

8. I am not much informed how its about Ogier, but what I read was he will run the whole season (I am not sure whether they meant all 13 races or just the SWRC part, but I bet he wants to run them all) in Škoda Fabia S2000. No clue about teammates though

10. Turn on the subtitles if you dont understand :) And then move to Northland, you can win something really special :D

• Like Like x 3
  11. He lold :D

12. Staff of Rally Argentina yesterday announced the format of this event. 32nd volume of South America rally will be made from 19 stages. It will be the longest event in 2012 calendar and it will also have the longest stage, which is El Durazno-Ambul with over 66 kilometers - such a long stage hasnt been driven for tens of years. Other 7 stages will be longer than 32 kilometers. The format will be classic (except Thursday's super special), Friday - Saturday

This concept is meant to get closer to history of rally and reminds more endurance event.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Is that in the WRC ? If yes that awesome, been such a long time since they've driven proper stages !

14. Yes, its WRC. I forgot to meniton it :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Aww hell yeah. This will make the rest of the season look like a sunday drive. Glad to see they're putting the endurance element back into rallying. Hopefully it will be a big challenge for everyone in 2012 and make it more interesting!

16. Entry list:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Lotus is supposed to run in the GT-class here, and the rally is supposed to be a part of the
    FIA GT Rally Championship, but no GT cars on the entry list?

[​IMG]

18. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Maybe this list includes only the WRC categories?

19. We will see on 2nd of January, this entry list is confirmed, but official will be published that day :)