So they must work on this engine for a long time...Even if there is money and brain power still a long way....
If this new game will look like Dirt3 or F1....and still act like a SIM,then it worth the waiting.But i am positive i will need a new PC configuration to run that game smothly....^^

It would make sense. LeMans is commercially bigger and would more likely sell it's licence to a big publisher, but Spa 24hrs would be more enthusiastic about being in any game. Also they've been in Simbins early projects GTR1/2 and it would allow Simbin to model all of the current GT equipment. It would certainly be Simbin going back to their roots as they said when announcing GTR3 (or whatever it gets called).

I know I'd be jumping for joy if this was part of GTR3:good:.

By what I have been reading about the team making this I don't think I will get it. Any one thinking this will be like GTR2 can forget it all the GTR2 guys but 1 have left. And after getting the retro addon the other day it really does not look good. After converting the cars to GTR2 its awesome.

Simbin are going down more and more

They should go the other way and make a platform like ISI have with rF or do a new GT Legends and get shout of steam its utter rubbish and always will be

i for one have more or less given up hope of ever seeing either this product or rfactor2 ever reach a shelf in any store around the world, nor a download server. it seems that modelling surroundings for next gen engines is prohibitively expensive, look at the short (but beautiful !!!!!) tracks in DIRT3, it's basically just 10km of any given location put together in x different ways to make it look like it's 60 or 80 km of track. but if isi and simbin do not aim for next-gen graphics, the projects seem to have no commercial viability. i see both camps folding this autumn, which breaks my heart already.

Im not to worried about what cars/ classes we will be racing in. Its all about the ways the cars handle and good ffb, with options to make it feel good for everybody.

I was watching a gt4 race at spa on motors and alot of the cars had abs as standard and it is allowed in that class and i think the Audis have awd and tcs.

Would/should RD allow the aids for these races (hypothetical question)

Looking at the recent DLC from simbin, i think were going to get a basic game and loads of dlc(show me the money!!).And in 2 years time weve got everything we had before but all under there latest version of the LiZard engine...

whatever comes will be nice, as long as something comes out! i'm not even worried about graphics, what really matters to me is the quality of the driving. take richard burns rally, graphics are basic as hell, however no dirt3 will ever get to its heels in terms of driving simulation.

A race engineer, and a car setup system that you can can actually get to work, and see the results in a motec all in game. ie...lets you know when you bottum out , lock your brakes , loose traction,(dont laugh but forza has a ingame motec :) ) and then a solution whether it be a set up change or advise on how to position your car better on the track for that corner.But with a option to turn it off ...(dont want a shift 2 experiance.. Vaughn GITtin JR)

The ability to use any car, that has ever been in a original SimBin game .....

I really want proper LMS content.. Driving the Peugeot around LeMans at 3am, coming into real pit crews.. Then swapping drivers and getting some sleep...

It would be incredible. Such an invent would take an entire weekend and it would just be so much fun.. *Sigh* A guy can dream.

Sorry for the noob question, but there is one think I don't really understand. Are the licenses exclusive? I mean if NFS has the license for GTR, does that mean GTR3 cannot offer this season? That would be a pain... I just started playing Race 07 (demo version, still deciding whether it's for me or not) and (don't bite) I am quite disappointed with graphics. The rest of the game is really good so I would be very happy to play GTR3 if graphics are improved.

Thus information about NOT having the recent season in the game is a bit worrying. Especially bearing in mind I can't stan playing games that pretend to be simulations like NFS: Shift or F1 2010. I would love to see recent GT season or even F1 (dreams...). I guess this is not going to happen?

BTW: It would be nice to see the Porche Cup series.

If a license is exclusive totally depends on the series. Don't think that NFS Shift had an exclusive license for FIA GT1 for example. Codemasters F1 games however do have an exclusive deal.

Money talks :)

I would like to see a console port of GTR 3 that is NOT dumbed down, but with the PC version being the first priority and properly supported.
I was anti-console a while back, just like most of you. After getting a PS3 and a few games I have a new outlook. There are serious sim races being held and some good quality league racing groups who are driving Gran Turismo 5. sure there are always a few servers with kids hacking or driving backwards. We have figured out that when the room is labeled for "clean racing only" and all the driving aids are disabled except ABS, the good drivers will suddenly show up and kiddies will stay away. The physics model isn't perfect in GT5 and the tuning menu has a couple small issues for the true sim racer, but most of you would be impressed if you actually drove it. By driving it I of course mean with a high end wheel like my Fanatec Carerra wheel or a G27. The 1080P graphics on the PS3 have to be setup through the HDMI connector, if your not using the HDMI, your missing out.
There are a fair amount of GT5 racers who are ready for the next step forward in sim racing.

For any of you with a Fanatec wheel who want to try GT5, the best wheel setup is sens. 720 with FFB around 10 or 20 and Lin 0 for racing .

For drifting, it's
Lin 050
Dri 005
FFB10
sens 220

I have absolutelly nothing against a console port of GTR3. As long as the PC version is not affected by the console version it won't hurt me in any way. Though I doubt x360 gamers would fully enjoy the game as they have crap steering wheels. PS3 guys on the other hand would surely benefit if they had a choice between GT5 and GTR3.

But then again - I have nothing against console version of the game as long as the PC version is not compromised. That's the important part.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.