CART Extreme is an official revision of the original Racing Line Development´s CART Factor mod for rFactor with direct participation from some of the original developers and soon available for Game Stock Car Extreme.
CART Extreme includes :
Along with all features from the original mod:
- Several graphics improvements (updated car shaders)
- Moveable driver arms (from TV view only)
- Revamped physics
- Revamped sounds
You can find two of my videos here and here.
- Full CART 1998 field (28 cars)
- 4 unique chassis (Reynard, Lola, Swift & Penske)
- 4 engines (Honda, Ford, Mercedes, Toyota)
- 2 tyre manufacturers (Firestone & Goodyear)
- 4 chassis specifications for road, short oval and speedway tracks
- 4 or 5 boosts (depends on tracks, roads, 4, Ovals, 5)
Some tracks are also being updated to GSCE standards to suit this release - you can find Long Beach, Fontana & Vancouver already from the Game Stock Car Extreme modding section. Vanport, Laguna Seca et Cleveland to come.
How to change chassis according to track :
Go to the trackconfigsbase.ini file you can find in each constructor folder here : GameData\Vehicles\CART_Extreme\1998 and look at the name of your track (first line of the .gdb). Use this syntax for each constructor :
Chassis Configuration=0=road (default)
Chassis Configuration=1=short oval
PS : delete any previous version of this mod before installing this one
The mod has been released at Sim Racing Evolution first (http://sim-racing-evolution.fr/index.php)
- Conversion by Patrick Giranthon
- Graphics updates by Rob Pilmeijer
- Original 3D & textures by Nick Ovey
- Original skins by Dave Ellis
- Original & revised physics by Renato Simioni
- Original sounds by Jeff Newman, revised by Dom Lovric
Templates by Nick Ovey : http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/cart-extreme-templates.104884/
The 2017 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix. Join the conversation here.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.
C.A.R.T. Extreme 1.02
CART for GSCEx