zero grip with puddels and wetness

Slick tires and rain usually dont fit. :) You can change the difficulty of rain in Sol Planner. IMHO realistic setting is not very realistic, medium is sometimes still pretty hard, easy is too easy.

Remember RainFX is still in beta state so there is a high chance there will be some adjustments in the future.

If I remember correctly! If! When we set wetness, raining and puddles to any setting above zero, we had plenty of grip and was pretty good to race on. I know it wasn’t realistic, but at least it was drivable and the Ai would run at a reasonable lap time.

Maybe some of the config files could be changed? Anyone know which files?

Thanks

Slick tires and rain usually dont fit. :) You can change the difficulty of rain in Sol Planner. IMHO realistic setting is not very realistic, medium is sometimes still pretty hard, easy is too easy.

Remember RainFX is still in beta state so there is a high chance there will be some adjustments in the future.
Tyres dosent change anything nor dose the difficulty setting in sol planer. This is like driving with No gravity.

Tyres dosent change anything nor dose the difficulty setting in sol planer. This is like driving with No gravity.
Not true!
I've made many tests with different cars, both street and race cars, and different tires, using CSP1.80p115.

There is a big difference between slick and rain tires on a wet track and there is also a big differences in difficulty settings.

But!
You need to test with a car which is ready for RainFX v2!

Not true!
I've made many tests with different cars, both street and race cars, and different tires, using CSP1.80p115.

There is a big difference between slick and rain tires on a wet track and there is also a big differences in difficulty settings.

But!
You need to test with a car which is ready for RainFX v2!
yes it changes difficulty but This ist a settings problem. More like a file or faluty csp problem.

Try a recently released car with RainFX-implementation. For example the Mustang S650GT or even my BMW M1 Procar, which has full RainFX-implementation.

If you dont notice a difference with regular and rain tires, there is smtg wrong with your system. :)

I just noticed that going from kunos cars to a modded car with wipers all of a sudden wetness affected grip. I was driving moby dick and it felt like it was dry, I presumed rain fx was just that: only fx, no grip change. Now I'm trying to drive an E36 M3 and the wetter it gets the more it feels like constant aquaplaning

Hi Folks.

Not every modder maintains his mod.
In addition, nobody can expect modders to rush into their mods in order to adapt them to the changed conditions in zero time.
They have families, are employed or have perhaps lost interest in AC.
Advanced physics, as can also be read in the CM, is experimental and thus it is unpredictable how various vehicles behave in the event of rain.
I'm using the latest rain patch. Version 346
My game crashes with a list of bugs to the moon when I try a few mods.
They are then no longer used and if nothing happens within a certain time,
they are transported to Valhalla.
But I only had that with mods that I downloaded from "dark" corners. Bad, bad J.J.
Fortunately, my favorite mods run like butter in the blazing sun.

Grettings and have a very nice Sunday

J.J.

It hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet, there's an issue with the "experimental rain physics" checkbox, where on some cars, you will get literally 0 grip if you try to use them. In that case you need to change the car physics. To get technical the difference is that in vanilla AC, a missing tire file is treated as 100% grip, with "experimental physics" missing files are treated as 0% grip. So any file the mod names but doesn't provide can be the source of the issue.

I know this is an old post but I use pure weather fx with rain and the rain is visible but the grippyness doesnt change, even on max rain its grippy as if there is no rain at all. I know before we had this difficulty slider but its not apparent on the new pure weather fx. Anyone that knows how to solve this? (Pure 0.205) Thanks in advance.

I know this is an old post but I use pure weather fx with rain and the rain is visible but the grippyness doesnt change, even on max rain its grippy as if there is no rain at all. I know before we had this difficulty slider but its not apparent on the new pure weather fx. Anyone that knows how to solve this? (Pure 0.205) Thanks in advance.
lol i want to do the other thing :D , to make grip 100% with rain :D
when using rain the grip is crap what ever i do

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes