1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Youtube: Alonso playing Assetto Corsa!

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by paracletus, Jul 8, 2015.

1. or something like it:

looks good
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

More like their simulator. Not everything is AC.
  3. Who told you it's Assetto Corsa? :roflmao:

It's likely rFactor Pro, or something else made by Cruden, or even something made in-house, but definitely not based on Assetto Corsa, since they need actual physics fidelity for a simulator.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

That's not Assetto.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Build by Cruden. The more advanced pro version of one of the most underestimated games we host on RaceDepartment: RACER http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/racer.117/

Free game, give it a try.

Can also be rFactor Pro or the Evotek Simulator.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Now, where's that Informative button... :sneaky:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

• Like Like x 3
  8. This is of course rFactor Pro.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim
    Premium Member

An advanced version of that but it's totally different, all these high end simulations use some kind of real time generated physics using matlab simulink! something we can't dream of on sim games, since it uses fancy technology and require masses of computing resources

10. Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it! Premium Member

I would rate this Winner, but... :cautious:
    • Like Like x 2
  11. I thought it was dead since there is not much movement. Gonna give it a try so...
  12. I thought he picked it up on the steam sale heh
    Silverstone track almost identical to assetto corsa there.
  13. interesting.
    latest i7 processors are incredibly powerful - couldn't they handle that?
    I see on the rfactor pro website that it is possible to run the software with a workstation, wheel and pedals; i.e. the expensive full-motion equipment isn't mandatory.
    what kind of basic workstation would be able to run it?
  14. Qazdar Karim

Qazdar Karim
    Premium Member

Honestly, i am not very knowledgeable in this ... but, i believe tyres calculations, for example, are based on some finite elements model, that is way more accurate than any simplified model used in sims (pacejka or so), and i believe, it's the same for other physics aspects.

So, i guess even if you are able to run this on a i7, you wouldn't be able to run full grids with it, i mean one car on the track would drain all computing resources. But again i am not an expert!
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 1