Yellow flag sector threshold

Maybe I was imagining it, but I thought I once saw a parameter in "a" (as in not mine but someone else's) the PLR file that could define a certain threshold at which sector yellows would appear. It seemed to be defined by the amount of oversteer (a numeric slip angle relative to the forward direction) and was set at a threshold that ostensibly would supposedly lead to a loss of control - hence the sector yellow.

My PLR file does not have such a parameter which is why I suspect I either imagined it or it was for another sim. Regardless, my problem is that I think this threshold is set too low, especially in my case since I exclusively drive only the older cars with little to no aero and as a result, there can often be oversteer situations that are easily recoverable, do not cause an outright loss of any control and wouldn't (in real life) even come close to a marshal displaying a yellow.

An example might be at Dijon GP where I appear to have triggered a yellow simply for being too much sideways (at least by whatever definition the sim currently uses).

So my question is: did I imagine this parameter (maybe it was another sim that used a plr file)? And if I didn't, can it be inserted into a race07 plr file and will it achieve my goal (which is to increase the threshold at which yellow sector flags are displayed.

Bottom line: I only want the sim to display yellow flags when a driver (either me or the AI) has outright lost control and is partially blocking the track or is a safety hazard in that particular moment. But with race07 as per "default", it is much too sensitive - I will even trigger these yellows when my tyres are wearing out even though I am merely sideways and not actually out of control!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.