Xero Play QR has lots of play?

I picked up the SimLab Xero Play and 4 wheel side adapters.

3 fit perfectly rock solid, one is SO loose it wouldn't even be useable.
I'm not saying like "nit-picky a little flex" but like "almost falls out on it's own" bad.

With my caliper it appears to measure ~0.25 mm smaller in any given direction (but it's a hard part to measure, nothing is perfectly flat, rounded edges, etc)

I know I can adjust the nylon ball to attempt to remedy, but I'd imagine if I got this one snug, I wouldn't even be able to close it with the other 3.

All were bought new, and from an authorized reseller (MicroCenter) so the likelihood of a knock-off is possible, but unlikely.

I thought these were cnc machined with near perfect tolerances, hence the pricetag. I have never even *heard* of anyone having an issue like this.

Since I didn't even consider it a remote possibility, before fitment I of course (stupidly) already drilled out the M5 holes so I could mount it to my rim, so I'm not even sure I can return/exchange it now.

Definitely more than a little annoyed. Has anyone ever had an issue like this?

• Deleted member 197115

Did you try adjusting it, 0.25mm is really tight tolerance, wish Q1R was that precise.

I went ahead and did. As suspected, getting it snugged up made it too tight for it to even want to close with any of the other 3 wheel sides.

A fraction of a mm sounds small, but is evidently make or break in this design, as it has become painfully obvious that this one wheel side is smaller in dimensions than the other 3 and its trash.

Obviously I have to replace it, but my question is more to the point of is this some drastic anomaly? It appears to be a nice piece of kit for the most part, but now dropping $400USD on quick releases and having only 75% success rate so far leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

For the cost, I shouldn't even have to *consider* such problems...

I think getting it replaced shouldn't be a big issue, maybe some discussions needed.
I mean it's not like a "you get another one and we repair the faulty unit and sell it again" kind of thing. 0.25mm is a faulty cnc machine that needs to get adjusted or repaired and your wheel side QR can only be recycled.
Drilled holes shouldn't change that fact.

Speaking of percentages with 4 pieces isn't a real statistic though. You could very well get another 4000 wheel sides without any issues.
So I'd say: contact microcenter and get it replaced.

• Deleted member 197115

Xero Play was originally HRS design. MicroCenter sells Sim-Lab branded. Not sure if it's just different logo and all "made in China" or manufacturer is indeed different.

EDIT: Yep, they are not original.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes