PC2 Xbox One | RaceDepartment INDYCAR Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lotus Classic F1 World Championship
Schedule of Events

1. British Grand Prix - (26 Sept. 2015) - Brands Hatch; Car: Lotus 72D (50 Laps)
2. English Grand Prix - (24 Oct. 2015) - Silverstone International; Car: Lotus 49 (40 Laps)
3. Belgian Grand Prix - (31 Oct. 2015) - Zolder; Car: Lotus 78 (50 Laps)
4. Original Seven GP #2 - (14 Nov. 2015) - Spa; Car: Lotus 98T (43 Laps)
5. Original Seven GP #3 - (28 Nov. 2015) - Monaco; Car: Lotus 78 (40 Laps)
6. Italian Grand Prix - (12 Dec. 2015) - Imola; Car: Lotus 98T (50 Laps)
7. German Grand Prix - (2 Jan. 2016) - Nurburg Nordschleife; Car: Lotus 49c(dlc) (10 Laps)
8. European GP - (16 Jan. 2016) - Hockenheim Hist.(dlc); Car: Lotus 25(dlc) (35 Laps)

9. Original Seven GP #4 - (30 Jan. 2016) - Monza; Car: Lotus 49c(dlc) (45 Laps)
10. The Original GP - (13 Feb. 2016) - Rouen-Les-Essarts(dlc); Car: Lotus 25(dlc) (35 Laps)
11. United States Grand Prix - (27 Feb. 2016) - Watkins Glen; Car: Lotus 72D (45 Laps)
12. Scottish GP - (19 Mar 2016) - Bannochbrae Rd. Cir.; Car: Lotus/Ford 40, GT1 (30 laps)
13. Original Seven GP #1 - (26 Mar. 2016) - Silverstone Hist.(dlc); Car: Lotus 49 (50 Laps)

Lotus F1 Support Series'

Worldwide LeMans Series (LMP2)

1. Zhuhai International Circuit - (10 Oct. 2015) (60 Laps)**
2. Oschersleben GP - (21 Nov. 2015) (60 laps)
3. Rapuna Park GP - (5 Dec. 2015) (70 laps)
4. Willow Springs International - (19 Dec. 2015) (70 Laps)**
5 Road America GP - (9 Jan. 2016) (40 laps)
6. Sakitto GP - (23 Jan. 2016) (50 laps)**
7. Watkins Glen GP - (5 Feb. 2016) (50 laps)
8. Dubai Autodrome GP - (20 Feb. 2016) (50 laps)**
9. LeMans Circuit de la Sarthe - (5 Mar. 2016) (XX Laps)***
** Night Race (or partial)
*** Simulated 24 Hour Race

2. Willow Springs GP - (7 Nov. 2015) (25 laps)

Last edited:
I'm headed out to practice now. I agree, this had to be the most stunning track in the game, scenery wise. And it's fairly error free on my screen. Also, we are in a car (thanks for the hint Peter) that is incredible (1965?!?!) with the power and the thump. Sensory overload, including the sound, which reminds me of my Dad's one stroke Yamaha 500XT:
yam500.jpg

M/S Live expired on me today by surprise. I had to get an electronic code, but that has not been mailed to me yet. If it gets here before 4pm, I will be fine. Says 10m-24h to email you the code.

Well, now not certain I'll be there in afraid. Have a visit from my daughter and her fella and not sure what time they will be leaving. Just had dinner so have to wait and see but fingers crossed I'll at least make the actual race.

Edit: Still here so not going to make quail or practice but hope I can at least make the race hopefully.

Last edited:
Well, now not certain I'll be there in afraid. Have a visit from my daughter and her fella and not sure what time they will be leaving. Just had dinner so have to wait and see but fingers crossed I'll at least make the actual race.

Edit: Still here so not going to make quail or practice but hope I can at least make the race hopefully.

Same here, only it's the in-laws. Surprise visit was announced about 2hr. ago. Nice. If they are gone by 5pm-5:30pm I can join maybe. Otherwise, maybe we can try again tomorrow after the race.

Think Robs visitors must have stayed later than expected... Always difficult when you get visitors when you're due to race.

Yea, I literally had no control over this one though. My wife had an operation on Monday, so they just came by unannounced (which is fine, I guess) because they were concerned. Of course, they made dinner, which was good but time consuming. I just got done. I can go tomorrow if anyone wants to still do it. I loved the whole track and car as I practiced. Shame.

NcNasty, since there seems to be little interest for anything besides GT3 and spec racing, the next series will likely just die. I don't see why we need a league if only a handful of dedicated open wheel fans are left. (Strangely, I can fine virtually no open wheel pCARS leagues...which baffles me, since it's made in Europe and sells well there, I presume. They are not Forza robots after all). It may be that the console is not the place for non American racing.

That said, I have a hunch IndyCar may bridge the gap, especially with the huge upswing in popularity and the 100th Indy 500 coming up. It marries open wheel (Europe) with an American Series, which I think will take Europe eventually. Also, it can be done informally until league crop up for Assetto. Yes, Assetto is GT heavy, but if it doesn't fail like pCARS, it may stick.

I'm just bemused and saddened by the lack of interest in anything here for pCars at a Euro friendly time.. I've scratched my head about it many times trying to understand the what it is that's preventing these series that have been put together gaining any popularity but I just don't get it. I feel really bad for Robert who has it in a lot of effort trying to make them work and they have been so much fun despite the lack of numbers but at the end of the day we all want larger grids and nothing seems to be changing that and a new series with the same low interest is difficult to push forward with unfortunately :thumbsdown:

Yea im not sure why that is.maybe just to msny turned off at the beginning. Im interested to ask the other leagues if they have interest in anything but a gt3 league.wecan always still get together anyhow .always enjoyed this league to otbers sad to see it fall off so bad..

I'm just bemused and saddened by the lack of interest in anything here for pCars at a Euro friendly time.. I've scratched my head about it many times trying to understand the what it is that's preventing these series that have been put together gaining any popularity but I just don't get it. I feel really bad for Robert who has it in a lot of effort trying to make them work and they have been so much fun despite the lack of numbers but at the end of the day we all want larger grids and nothing seems to be changing that and a new series with the same low interest is difficult to push forward with unfortunately :thumbsdown:
I think it might be the forced interior view as well as no assists that scares people away. I think an indycar league with any view but forced real assists would be perfect for next season and I know a few people that would definitely be on board with that. I'm trying to race with more Europeans through PRL and I can let some of them know also. This season was also probably low on popularity because of the tough to drive classic f1 cars that only a handful of us enjoy.

Yea im not sure why that is.maybe just to msny turned off at the beginning. Im interested to ask the other leagues if they have interest in anything but a gt3 league.wecan always still get together anyhow .always enjoyed this league to otbers sad to see it fall off so bad..

I hear ya Eric. I'm not so sure either. Hard to explain too, other than the North American penchant to love racing what we perceive is available on the road. It's really always been that way here for some reason. Well, at least after the 1970s and such. But I can hardly fault preference. And in a way, if he GT crowd can somehow keep pCARS kicking (I have not found any open wheel leagues, which is the real mystery considering Europe's love thereof. Their population is roughly that of the United States), then all the better.

I did find some chatter on AOR about IndyCar, but they are slow as Christmas, and all three of their leagues were GT3. Wild, eh? People definitely are not getting sick of running GT3, for sure. Offhand, do you know if AOR actually consists of many non Americans? My pet theory is that Forza finally gave people the willies.

Peter, you are just responsible for keeping things chugging, if not more. Although I can't say it in polite company, open wheel and sedan racing have has very different crowd, form my experience. I have been to roughly 20 NASCAR events live and about 50 open wheel events live. Personally, they both have their appeal, even though NASCAR has lost its way, like F1. Yet, NASCAR is blue collar, southern pride, loud, and quite non PC. Open wheel is a bit more reserved, white collar, softer, and favors speed over noise. To me, it's all racing, but the crowds are very different. In fact, when I was going to NASCAR events, I really didn't like open wheel, and many NASCAR fans outright hated it. NASCAR, being the biggest draw, was no friend of open wheel, unless they wanted to run on their tracks (Indy). But things have started to thaw recently and I had hoped that new interest in IndyCar and more European shift to WEC (someone explain why Europe is gaga over WEC, while pCARS has almost every class perfectly represented, yet nobody plays LMP in Europe. Peter? Anyone?), along with the game being more stable, would change things. Apparently not. Of course, it was the perfect storm too, with next gen (many serious racers went to PC...at the wrong time IMO) and F1 2015 failing, and console gamers having a short attention span in general. But still, it's hard to explain. After all, the F1 leagues...where did they go? F1 was massive before F1 2014. Peter can vouch. I wish some of them would come out of the woodwork, but they surely have their reasons. What's more, my stability is 100 times better on F1 2015 than F1 2013. And it's a much better game, IMO. But what do I know? lol.

So, here are the tracks that IndyCar actually runs:

May 14 Angie's List Grand Prix of Indianapolis (Road Course)
May 21 Indianapolis Qualifying and Bump Day
May 29 Indianapolis 500 (Oval)
Jun 26 Road America Grand Prix
Sep 18 GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma

Assuming we get Indy and the road course, this could be a mini event, either club or league, depending on interest. If we don't get Indy, then it gets kind of weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 30 16.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 24 12.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 27 14.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 26 14.0%
  • Friday

Votes: 67 36.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 104 55.9%