1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Win a £4,500 Vesaro Racing Rig! Click here for more information.

xbox 360 racing wheel no force feedback

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Yuri Braham, May 23, 2009.

1. Hi,

I lended a xbox 360 racingwheel with the wireless connection device.
    Every driver installed and my pc works with the device.
    at the moment i launch gtr evo. and configure the controls i don't see the racingwheel. it works with no force feedback, and steers very heavy.
    is there someone with a sollution for this.

with kind regards,
    Yuri

2. I have the same problem to. The xbox steering wheel does not support force feedback on pc.

3. I noticed it.
    Microsoft says: its designed for the xbox360. So we give only support for the xbox. (got a point here!)
    But they sell the wireless device for your pc, so that you can connect te wheel or gamepad.
    i still got my 5 year old Thrustmaster forced feed back racingwheel. And it works fine. Only no vibrations anymore. This due windows 64x or its getting old.

4. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Member Premium Member

Throw that piece of junk away and get a good wheel when you play on PC :) Might be suitable for xbox 360 but rather play with keyboard then with a MS-wheel.
    Its a disgrace that such a big company can't produce a decent affordable wheel for simracers.

You can make the MS wheel vibrate one time with a very old trick of Mario!

[​IMG]

5. Bram,

as you can read on top of this post. I lended the steeringwheel.
    So i am glad it isn't mine. I just wanted to test if my old forced feedback racing wheel isn't kaput!
    At the moment i am looking for a new one.
    not a G25 because i just have bought a AM3 platform.

Just a curious question. De people that drive in the first positions. Are they using a racingwheel??

6. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Member Premium Member

Not necessarily, but for sure the most talented drivers that put in the most practice hours

7. yeah,but ...

i use the 360 wheel for rfactor too, not because im too cheap to buy a G25, just i dont want to have to keep switching wheels/pedals on my cockpit - which is use with both 360 and PC.

of course, thats why ive ordered the fanatec porsche wheel (360), so hopefully
    i can have the best of both worlds :) ... well when they finally deliver!

oh... on the topic, ive read somewhere MS just dont support feedback for the wireless gaming device (PC) ... very poor show that!