F1 2011 XBOX 360 F12011 Mini Series - Montreal - 12th of May 2013

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

Steve Lambert

I hate not getting pole
Sign up now to take part in our F12011 mini series. Please sign up only if you know you can make the race. Please note: Licensed members only please.

montreal.jpg

Please state Name / Gamer Tag / Chassis

Race Distance: 75%
Weather: Dynamic
Rules: Full
Cars: Equal
Qualification + Race
Format: XBOX 360
Assists: ABS Banned, Racing Line Banned
Full RD rules apply
AI Legend will be used to fill the grid
Host: Bennyherbs

Sunday 12th May 2013 - Lobby opens 7:15GMT, race start 7:30pm GMT
Montreal – Canada
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
Lap Distance: 2.7 miles
Tyre Wear: 2/3
Downforce: 2/3
Break Wear: 2/3
Track Time: 1:22.000
City: Montreal
Official Name: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

I've never seen the AI so aggressive. I got slammed off once into the wall by one and completely lost my wing and had to pit. Who pissed them off? ;)

In the future, any chance that we could have traction control on and AI off? I would actually be able to compete :p . As for the AI, they just block everyone's path in qualifying. If there were three sessions for qualifying, they wouldn't have an effect, but there's only one fifteen minute session. My fastest lap was in the race on primes because two laps in a row during qualifying several bots held me up.

Mark re assists.
We have over many months and races gradually lowered assists and I guess brought a bunch of drivers through. (In the 2010 game the league was all assists allowed).
Its been our experience that as assists are dropped the game comes alive and the racing goes up a level. EG a drivers slight loss of traction creates an opportunity to pass.
A couple of guys still use auto gears from time to time but most of the diehards don't want TCS for that reason. If some have it and not others it just isn't fair esp in the wet . I'm only one guy here but my preference is no TCS. Just get some practice in. I guarantee you that the pace will come and the driving will be more rewarding.
We can always do 2011 car performance and give you a faster car! that would be prefrable to TCS.

RE AI, I had issues/challenges too. Barrichello ruined my first hot lap and cost me a wing. Then i found a gap and set a time. You need to find a gap. Another challlenge. I guess we are about making it as hard as possible. We even had one series where we shut down the HUD info and relied on the engineer for updates. It was cool.

Hope you race again mate. Steve Lambert who was P2 in quali raced with assists last year and ask him what he reckons about dropping them.

Dave

Steve Lambert who was P2 in quali raced with assists last year and ask him what he reckons about dropping them.

Dave

I love driving no assists. The only issue is that my wheel is not that great when shifting down. Going into T4 and then spinning was the reason for this. I must have selected 4th instead of 3rd which caused me to spin. Maybe I don't look at what gear I am in when going into a corner. Maybe pay a bit more attention next time. But qually was really disappointing for me. I wanted to stick the car right into the low 1:08's but AI kept getting in my way. Let's hope the next track is better.

But I enjoy the racing. So I will be back next time to see what I can do. But I am glad we are having this little mini series. It's good fun...

Mark re assists.
We have over many months and races gradually lowered assists and I guess brought a bunch of drivers through. (In the 2010 game the league was all assists allowed).
Its been our experience that as assists are dropped the game comes alive and the racing goes up a level. EG a drivers slight loss of traction creates an opportunity to pass.
A couple of guys still use auto gears from time to time but most of the diehards don't want TCS for that reason. If some have it and not others it just isn't fair esp in the wet . I'm only one guy here but my preference is no TCS. Just get some practice in. I guarantee you that the pace will come and the driving will be more rewarding.
We can always do 2011 car performance and give you a faster car! that would be prefrable to TCS.

RE AI, I had issues/challenges too. Barrichello ruined my first hot lap and cost me a wing. Then i found a gap and set a time. You need to find a gap. Another challlenge. I guess we are about making it as hard as possible. We even had one series where we shut down the HUD info and relied on the engineer for updates. It was cool.

Hope you race again mate. Steve Lambert who was P2 in quali raced with assists last year and ask him what he reckons about dropping them.

Dave

I only ask because I was under the impression that the only banned assists would be the racing line and ABS as stated in the original post.

I only ask because I was under the impression that the only banned assists would be the racing line and ABS as stated in the original post.
Yes fair point Mark,
assists has been a bit of a moving feast in this little series. As Benny was not racing we chatted in the thread and it was suggested that they were all banned.
Its a tradeoff between making it accessible enough to get a grid and making it challenging enough to keep the top drivers interested.
It will be down to what Steve Lambert decides I guess for the next one. He generally asks around first. Maybe it gets allowed ubtil you beat a no assists driver!!! Hope to see you on the grid again.

Hi Mark,

What David mentioned is correct, it was only because Benny was not racing that we talked about no assists. I just forgot to adjust the signup thread. I would have been happy to allow assists if it caused a problem for you. After all the mini series is open to anyone so the next race in two weeks we can keep the assist level open for you. The rest of us will all race no assists.

The next race is at Silverstone on the 26th May and the thread is now open for signup.

I hope you can race with us again in the next race.

I would have been happy to allow assists if it caused a problem for you.

There's no reason to do that. I'm just one person. ;) I will race regardless of the allowed assists. I just don't have enough experience without traction control to be competitive.

Off topic, is there a thread for finding co-op partners? I've never played in a legitimate season. Only quick ones for the achievements.

There's no reason to do that. I'm just one person. ;) I will race regardless of the allowed assists. I just don't have enough experience without traction control to be competitive.

Off topic, is there a thread for finding co-op partners? I've never played in a legitimate season. Only quick ones for the achievements.
Not sure if there is a thread but start one. A proper co op season is awesome

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Forum trophies