Wanted Wtd : Motion rig - , sfx100.. Uk

Hi folks,

I am looking to buy a sfx motion set up, everything included so its a simple attach to my rig plug and play, ideally with a thanos controller but if not no issues.

Will also entertain a full "DIY" package that I will build my end.

Ideally UK based so I can travel and collect.

Let me know what you have

Many thanks

Last edited:
I bought a thanos controller and a 3dof complete setup from PT-Actuators. Highly recommended. They do much fancier kit - traction loss and heave etc, but it's a great starting point. Loved that it arrived, I just bolted it on, plugged in the cables and away.

I bought a thanos controller and a 3dof complete setup from PT-Actuators. Highly recommended. They do much fancier kit - traction loss and heave etc, but it's a great starting point. Loved that it arrived, I just bolted it on, plugged in the cables and away.
Which system did you go for, and what was the tax/duty? How long it take from you ordering to you receiving it?

Cheers.

I went for their '100mm 3 actuator iRacing special' but they supplied 150mm actuators. It cost $2500 - but is now discontinued. They have replaced the actuators with a 'scorpion' actuator - better in every way apparently.

The kit I bought would be the equivalent of the 'experience' setup - with 3 actuators. I did one front, two rear. but either way works.

It took about 2 weeks to ship to me, and I was about 70 quid duty.

There's a lively and brilliant Whatsapp group with members and PT themselves. Even Barry from simracing is in there - he's about to review one of their high end setups. The last one he did was the thing that made me jump in, as I'd looked at SFX100 but was worried about cable shielding etc. EMI issues that folks can have.

If it helps a UK distribution point is being created just now, and will be live soon so UK shipping is a firm possibility.

I did a write up on the whole thing if you're interested. Was going to post it here, but shied away thinking I might get in trouble for 'advertising'...

Last edited:
I went for their '100mm 3 actuator iRacing special' but they supplied 150mm actuators. It cost $2500 - but is now discontinued. They have replaced the actuators with a 'scorpion' actuator - better in every way apparently.

The kit I bought would be the equivalent of the 'experience' setup - with 3 actuators. I did one front, two rear. but either way works.

It took about 2 weeks to ship to me, and I was about 70 quid duty.

There's a lively and brilliant Whatsapp group with members and PT themselves. Even Barry from simracing is in there - he's about to review one of their high end setups. The last one he did was the thing that made me jump in, as I'd looked at SFX100 but was worried about cable shielding etc. EMI issues that folks can have.

If it helps a UK distribution point is being created just now, and will be live soon so UK shipping is a firm possibility.

I did a write up on the whole thing if you're interested. Was going to post it here, but shied away thinking I might get in trouble for 'advertising'...

I’d be interested in seeing your write-up from a (relatively unbiased) owner’s perspective! I don’t think it’d be too advertising-like if you put it in the hardware section at all, could be really insightful for those looking to splurge on a motion rig.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.