1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

WRC The Game

Discussion in 'WRC 4 The Game' started by Bram, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

On the iOpener website there is a very interesting article about an upcoming World Rally Championship simulator:

World Rally Championship's next game: Racing live against rally heroes

The next generation WRC computer game will allow players to 'compete' in live rallies", states ISC chairman Neil Duncanson in the April version of SportBusiness International magazine. ISC, the global promoter of the World Rally Championship (WRC), mentions WRC's ultimate goal as building up an online gaming world championship alongside the real thing.
    ISC and the computer gaming industry believe the next step in gaming is this 'live' competition between gamers and real drivers, made possible through iOpener's patented technology.
    ISC CEO Simon Long says: "Now we are a global promoter, we want this to be multi-platform, multi-publisher, multi-territory."
    For Long and Duncanson the new game is part of WRC's broader efforts to appeal new fans beyond the hardcore enthusiastics. FIA's chairman Max Mosley has said the virtual champion will be honoured at the WRC's annual end-of-season awards ceremony in Monaco.

Source: iOpener Media

Last April we already brought you the first news about iOpener Media's beta testers recruitment for their Real Time Racing project.

The news about this technology where virtual racers can compete against the real drivers on the track in real time is now spreading amoung the simracing communities.

iOpener is still looking for the worlds best simracers to join their beta test program that's about to start soon. If you are interested in joining then you can sign up on the RTR website

Attached Files:

2. Bram

Bram

Seems that Sebastian Loeb now finally gets some competition then :D

3. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Wow it's a really wonderful idea. But it should have a perfect realistic driving for such a thing. I hope they will do it.

Bram vs. Loeb !! :shock:

4. I'm sure if you got of the few RBR guys like Sebi, they'd show leob how its done :rotfl:

5. no question Loeb will find his master then :skywalker:

6. Amazing! Finally, a new WRC game AND it has iOpener built in!
    Can't wait :D

Can we hope for other classes and events other than the WRC as DLC? Custom skins and driver profiles? Oooooo...

7. Bram

Bram

Lol, I can't drive at all when it doesnt have tarmac :) But there must be first time for everything :victory:

8. They call Loeb the tarmac expert, it's your chance! Wipe the smug smile of of his face :D

9. Bram

Bram

According to the article we need to be patient for a few years untill it's release, so he has all the time in the world to train :)

10. Bram

Bram

World Rally Championship becomes a PC simulation!

A while back i posted a news message with regards to WRC and simracing.

Today this is the breaking news:
    Click here to read the full announcement on the WRC website

Attached Files:

11. OMFG!

:dizzy:

12. ps. hope i get in on the beta! :nod:

13. Awesome! Who's developing?

14. must be somekind of Iracing sim but for wrc?

15. I doubt that pic is a screenshot, if thats what it's supposed to be... actually I'm sure it is'nt.

16. Bram

Bram

My guess: breakthrough gaming technology + live gaming + real time on your computer = clicky ?

17. Quote: "We’ve been talking to some of the major computer game companies and the technology is there to enable us to do it now. It’s just a question of getting what are fairly hefty development costs underwritten by one of these guys and then we’re away"

So hold your horses :p Agreed Bram, they think about the idea - that's as far as they are.

18. I can not drive "real" sims out from the sofa! What does that tell you? Will it be a new Colin McRae rally?

19. Well if you have a table ahead the sofa:D

20. That's awesome news, been a long time since a rally simulator came out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.