If you think the promotion of WRC7 is quiet, then Kylotonn's Isle of Man TT game is almost secret, with only 2 offscreen shots, some vague interviews with real life riders and a tiny bit of info leaking out. I believe that's out this year too, with an allegedly laser scanned TT course :-o

And FlatOut 4 wasn't hugely publicised either, which Kylotonn also made. Bizarre!
An Isle of Man game? Wow, that really is news to me. Their marketing department must literally be non-existent. It might legitimately be just one specific developer tackling multiple jobs.

The way they are developing, probably somewhere around WRC12 we will have a decent enough WRC title for me to give it another try.:roflmao:

Hopefully by then they will realise that a WRC game needs VR and multiple controller support and data output for motion/simvibe/gauges ect

If you think the promotion of WRC7 is quiet, then Kylotonn's Isle of Man TT game is almost secret, with only 2 offscreen shots, some vague interviews with real life riders and a tiny bit of info leaking out. I believe that's out this year too, with an allegedly laser scanned TT course :-o

And FlatOut 4 wasn't hugely publicised either, which Kylotonn also made. Bizarre!

Probably blame BigBen really instead of Kylotonn.

• Deleted member 217114

WRC 5 was terrible. WRC was a lot better. So I am curious how 7 will turn out. However, I believe that 7 also need generated stages because that's now a feature that has become mandatory cause of codemasters

An Isle of Man game? Wow, that really is news to me. Their marketing department must literally be non-existent. It might legitimately be just one specific developer tackling multiple jobs.
Isle of Man TT game
18518140_205410516643341_7540570410287158538_o.jpg

The WRC 6 was not crap at all. What a hell are you talking about ??

Quite big jump compared to their WRC 5. And I hope for even bigger one to WRC 7. Just let them do their job. And prey they'll find someone else in marketing department.

Just because it was a big jump compared to WRC 5 doesn't make it less crap. WRC 6 is pure crap. It's the only game I have ever returned to Steam. Maybe I had too high expectations or maybe I'm not in the target group. I'd like to see the sales figures for Dirt Rally compared to the WRC franchise and then let the publishers decide what sells.

• tunaphis

. WRC 6 released October 2016 so 8 months for a new game.....There should be a online petition regarding BigBen/Kylotonn's ability to promote the WRC in a favourable way while the industry leaders are left to piece together what's left in way of content.

WRC 7 Trailer Release.jpg

Bigben Interactive and Kylotonn Racing Games have revealed a new trailer release for the upcoming official World Rally Championship game - WRC 7.

Scheduled for an Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC release later this year, the new officially licenced World Rally Championship game looks set to be the biggest and best edition to the franchise to date.

The developers have seemingly looked to improve on the solid "simcade" title released earlier this year, and with the official licence to feature all the official stages and vehicles from the 2017 World Rally Championship, plus a nod towards a more realistic simulation of the real world series.

WRC 7 - Official Gameplay Trailer - Epic Stages & Citroën C3 WRC
One of the key features of WRC 7 will be the inclusion of 13 "epic stages", designed to be longer, tougher and more in line with the real WRC rally series.

"The idea of WRC 7’s Epic Stages is really to respond to fans of rallying and WRC who for several years have been asking us for tracks that are longer and closer to a real rally," explained Alain Jarniou, of WRC 7 developers Kylotonn Racing Games.

“These special stages, which are longer than 20 km and last for more than 15 minutes of gameplay, are certain to sorely test the players’ endurance. It’s also interesting to find all these different conditions in one single, solitary special stage.”
Those of you who are familiar with the 2017 specification World Rally Championship cars will already know they are bigger, meaner and more performance orientated than in previous seasons, all of which will be replicated in the new title. However in something of a pretty cool move by the developers, WRC 7 will also feature the 2016 specification cars as raced last year, giving players the choice of class in which they wish to ply their trade over the many varied rallies featured in the new title.

WRC 7 will release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC August 2017.

WRC 7 Trailer Release 2.jpg

Check out the WRC Franchise Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for all the news and discussion regarding this upcoming new game. Check it out and get involved with your fellow community members today!

Looking forward to WRC 7? Do you think the game can improve on previous releases in the franchise? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Feels like a WRC game is released every 6 months :D...
Last WRC was in October so you better recalibrate your compass again. :) And, btw, they didn't said it will be released tomorrow you know... more like a few months so...

As for the new really itself... it look good I hope the jump will be as much as they improve 6 from 5. And I'm optimistic about that, there's no reason they couldn't do it, they manage to much improve series since they take it from Milestone so... let's wait and see.
WRC 6 was quite nice game, ok not exactly DiRT but it has it's own advantages and I simply looove official stuff. Like for F1 same in WRC, one WRC season. No Dirt from whole series has that.

My biggest complain to WRC 6 would actually be - replay cams. They are so unrealistic, arcadish and.. so-so-ish... I wonder will the ever realize how important is good replay and to FINALLY provide us with some decent TV CAMS !?! Every Dirt is, although far from perfect, much better here. In WRC 6 you can watch replay after you select that... "cinematic" cam and to see something like 3 (three!) shots with real tv cam. Un frickin believable. :confused:

All the rest is some arcade cams "places" on nothing around the cars, on board shots (and the camera actually moves as car jumps!?), some helicopter-like cams and some ..other but tv ? Really rarely. So if you want to lie back and enjoy the drive you just did... be prepared to 99% of silly shots. I just hope, I really hope, they can do something about that.

I wonder... did they ever watched tv coverage of real, official, as they try to produce, wrc ?
Did they see any of those stupid shots they force us to watch. Sweet God... :alien:

Last edited:
WRC 6 was a pretty fun game, but overshadowed from Dirt Rally hype. Both together however really scratched an itch that I've had since playing RBR years ago. It'll be interesting to see how many people enjoy WRC 7 now that D4 has shown to be a somewhat of a flop?

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 115 87.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 16.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 21 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 40 30.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 48 36.6%