WRC4 WRC 4 The Game

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
On the iOpener website there is a very interesting article about an upcoming World Rally Championship simulator:

World Rally Championship's next game: Racing live against rally heroes

The next generation WRC computer game will allow players to 'compete' in live rallies", states ISC chairman Neil Duncanson in the April version of SportBusiness International magazine. ISC, the global promoter of the World Rally Championship (WRC), mentions WRC's ultimate goal as building up an online gaming world championship alongside the real thing.
ISC and the computer gaming industry believe the next step in gaming is this 'live' competition between gamers and real drivers, made possible through iOpener's patented technology.
ISC CEO Simon Long says: "Now we are a global promoter, we want this to be multi-platform, multi-publisher, multi-territory."
For Long and Duncanson the new game is part of WRC's broader efforts to appeal new fans beyond the hardcore enthusiastics. FIA's chairman Max Mosley has said the virtual champion will be honoured at the WRC's annual end-of-season awards ceremony in Monaco.

Source: iOpener Media

Last April we already brought you the first news about iOpener Media's beta testers recruitment for their Real Time Racing project.

The news about this technology where virtual racers can compete against the real drivers on the track in real time is now spreading amoung the simracing communities.

iOpener is still looking for the worlds best simracers to join their beta test program that's about to start soon. If you are interested in joining then you can sign up on the RTR website

Attachments

• sportbusinessinternational.jpg
    sportbusinessinternational.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 631
mesa submitted a new resource:

Hyundai i20 WRC official livery - Hyundai i20 WRC official SHELL livery for season 2014

Hyundai i20 WRC Official Livery for Season 2014
Modified: body, windows, Rims, Headlight, Tail light

Note: Window stickers is made for Thierry Neuville by default.
There are also stickers and masks for Atkinson, Hanninen and Sordo in the same directory.
Rename that resources which driver and co-pilot wish you use in-game.

How to replace livery in WRC 4 / WRC 3 / WRC2010

http://***********/8ony36k

Follow Me on Facebook...

Read more about this resource...

Hello guys,

i just bought WRC4thegame from amazon and tried to install it which worked totally fine. But when I tried to type in my game key it always says that it would be wrong which is not true :/. I tried to contact the support but they did not reply and now I am afraid that I spend a lot of money for nothing. Can you maybe help me to solve the problem? Maybe it happend to some of you guys too and you know how to fix it.

I really hope someone has an idea,

Samosis

There was a game in 2000, called Rally Championship 2000, and it had 6x ~80-100 km of probably realistic-ish stages moddelled after the Mobil1 BRC. WRC guys are just lazy.
i think i have that game, is it like the national rally championship of England?
if it is the same it has the biggest stages i have ever seen in a rally game, it takes around 15 to 20 minutes to complete the average stage, and there is one with 40km of extension if i remeber correctly (if it is the same game it's on the second rally organized by pirelli). Those kinds of stages were great and the cars require some attention in order to make it to the end of the rally. If there was a modern rally game with stages that big it would be interesting :thumbsup:

hello, first thank you for this spectacular mod. But it has a bug, in rallye of Germany, or Spain,(tamac) the car doesn't work ok, in the corners the back wheels work so bad. If you change it, this mod will be the best mod for the wrc 4. thank you again for this great work and sorry for my english!!

xavier.

I noticed that too that the headlights are not working. Bugbear is just an amazing company. Amazingly bad.

Another thing I have just realized is that in WRC3 I was unable to go setup the cars because of some issue with the mapped keys some users had (like me).

I was curious to see if they fixed that in this edition AND THEY DID!!!

How? You can no longer setup the car. At least in the cars I have tried. I am yet to try the WRC cars (I tried all the lower cars trying to dial in the broken FFB)

Can someone please tell me how does it feel ? Can someone make a comparison to RBR/RSRBR ? is it worth buying the game?

Well, WRC4 is quite different to RSRBR, the physics are good if you drive with a gamepad or a keyboard, it's also possible with a wheel but it's nowhere near as realistic as RSRBR, the graphics are bad (I think RSRBR's are better) and the online is almost dead, I bought it on Steam and since they released a patch the online doesn't work and the achievements don't work either, I would not recommend buying this game but many people would. If you wany something similar to RSRBR this is not it.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 3 6.7%