Would you want a laserscanned version of Nordschleife?

If Nordschleife in AC will be much better then in nKP so will be the other tracks ... you must compare Nordschleife with the other tracks on the same game/sim ... for example Nordschleife in GTR Evolution by SimBins have details better then most of the other tracks on GTR Evolution/Race07 and the last race on that was like 5 months ago with only 10 drivers http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/volvo-850-nordschleife-saturday-december-17-2011.44308/

Nordschleife is very nice track to make some laps but for races is very hard to learn and most people (me included) will just prefer to race on smaller tracks ... thats what i think but of course i can be wrong:)
I am not a frequent guest anymore here at RD, especially for racing, for many reasons (all personal). But from my distance perspective this is not an issue of the combination, because I remember days where anything that had Nordschleife in the invitaion and GTR-E, the event was full within hours. I think the GTR-E days are just over.
Never raced NKP but I think that it never had the popularity of GTR-E used to have.

I think, if Kunos does things right, this will change with AC, at least currently the signs are good for it. And then I would expect that any combo with a good Nordschleife implementation (laser scanned or not, doesnt matter), will be a full grid again.

Unfortunately im kind of new in simracing and didnt experienced those "happy" days:rolleyes:
I'm getting all misty-eyed just thinking about them... 2008-2009 was fantastic. (I still have good memories of racing with Dietmar as well - almost every event we raced in together, we would always be close and fighting tooth and nail for a position!)
Like Dietmar, I think that a good version of the Nordschleife in a popular sim is a winning choice in any situation. Hopefully with rF2 and Assetto Corsa, we can bring that beat back, so to speak...

:thumbsup:
Lol, you can give a few thousands of dollars and you can race there yourself. You will certainly feel every bump of the track.
true, a dream one day to take my Honda Accord and drive it, but at least with a laser scanned track I can also save a few bucks playing the sim, so when I crash, If I crash I dont have to worry about my real car and insurance :p

And more if you aren't careful... :)

ah figures, a Mercedes...with almost no downforce....he is replicating what would happen to Jeremy Clarkson if he took that same car over there.

This makes me wanna take a Minivan full of kids, they would probably think of it as a rollercoaster.

Yea it would be great if AC could put up a donation thing on their site where they say ok you want Nords, here´s how much money we need to make it happen.

Then people could donate as they please. We just have to have this track laserscanned, it will be one of the biggest things in simracing history :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%