Worth coming back?

Brent Mills

Brent Mills
I realise asking this question here is only going to be getting a response from fans of IRacing, but I think I can phrase it in a way where I know where I stand anyway. Long story short, I quit Iracing about 3 years back because the tire model just started driving me insane with it's 'ice tires' as soon as you get over the limit. I decided despite it's stellar multi-player, that ACC and RF2 just provided a far more enjoyable driving experience so I'll look for races there instead.
The black Friday sale is back on and I'm considering getting back in, but need to know if anything significant has changed with the tires since I left or is it still largely the same?

FFB has much better "detail" now days, especially on the newly released cars (eg. C8), but I would say still has numb and dull ffb when approaching, reaching, and exceeding slip angle.

I've been on iRacing for 6 years or so and it hasn't reached rF2/AMS2/AC/ACC (even GTR2/R07 properly tuned) levels at any time for the tire model.

It's a real shame. I want to like it but as you say the driving experience just falls short after driving the other sims and makes coming back to iRacing a big disappointment.

Maybe renew for a month or whatever is cheapest, try out a car, see if you like it, and then renew long term or not on the black friday sale.

Last edited:
+1 I started early 2019, and I feel like the types improved a lot, I would even say it's not ice racing anymore. But yes, still not on par with the others for the moment. What I hate is when you just touch the edge of the grass; it's insta-death! Best is to try by yourself but worth testing considering the improvements in the past 2 years.

I still waiting for the tire model to get better on the Indycar at road and street tracks... but the progress is sooo damn slow it takes another 10 years I recon.

I had a blast tho with the offroad trucks which had a nice tire model on the dirt and asphalt when I had an active subscription.

yea max try a month first and see how you like it... and then add more years if needed. :)

All road and oval tires were updated at the beginning of season 4 and have progressed in the right direction.

Me personally, I'm really enjoying the GT3 racing after the update and I'm not a big GT fan either.

Prior to the update I mainly used the service for Dirt Road racing, sadly the dirt tires didn't receive an update.

Although the ai is not complete for all content yet, there is a good selection and feel the road content is top notch and only gonna keep improving.

VR performance is one of the best, audio has improved too, make sure to enable xXaudio2 in the sound options.

50% off new subscriptions, would cost ya $5 to test it out for a month.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.