1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC Workflow for creating Car mods?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by sonic911, Jun 22, 2014.

1. I have a huge collection of 3D car models fully detailed inside and out. I used them with Element 3D in After Effects to create a title sequence. I would like to convert a couple of them into playable in-game cars. I just don't know where to start. I have 3DS Max and Maya at my disposal (both 2013). My background is in film, and I really have no idea where to start with any of this. Are there any great youtube tutorial series out there on the basics of assigning textures, creating LOD files, tiered polygon models (mentioned in the "Car Pipeline 1.03" pdf in AC's SDK folder) etc? I'm pretty sure I have everything I need, I just don't know how to apply it properly!! (These models were very expensive as well, so I know they are very high quality and will look amazing in the game.) What is the optimal order of creating a car mod?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Benutzername

Benutzername
    Online Martini Racing - Founder and driver

Dont know the solution but sounds... promising :p

For help ask for example chargingcar... I think he already had some models ingame.

For physics....

I recommend to subscribe to this official AC channel. i think they will bring more tutorials.

Also... Ask for help in the Assetto Corsa forum in the category car-modding. Nearly every AC modder is there (i guess every modder from RD is there too, but not every AC modder isn on racedepartment).

So you could get more feedback there....

3. thanks so much! I will. I just figured out how to get the model into the editor which is a relief because for a second I thought I had to use 3DS Max for the whole thing. Just trying to figure out the preparation I need to do in 3DS Max or Maya when I export the FBX.

Thanks again! Untitled.jpg

4. Benutzername

Benutzername

Tbh i have no idea about modelling... :D

Is this a Porsche?

5. Yes it is. I believe its an earlier concept of the 918 Spyder. The production model looks very different. I have a pack of around 14 high quality Porsche models alone.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Benutzername

Benutzername

Yeah, i thought so.
    the pics in the ac forum from you are looking nice. i hope someone can help you more than me ;D

7. Are you taking requests? If so, do you have any Ford V8 supercar models in your collection?

Would be cool if you could then make a Ford Falcon and Holden Commodore.

Good luck and cheers mate, AussieStig

8. i need to find a workflow too, i already made this model full from scatch(no ripping from game) total poly count was 75k tris(with hq interior)

i want to put it in assetto corsa

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. Selfmade from scratch ?

10. As far as I understand they are bought models

11. the best way is really official forum and modding section. They talking and asking so many questions that you could find answers! If not, create a thread or ask yourself.
    Those cars look really fine ;)

12. No, not self-made. it's from a pack I bought of a 3D modeling website. However I've stopped working on it because someone on the AC forums pointed out the model was apparently ripped from NFS Shift :/.

• Love Love x 2
  13. are you still modding by chance, or still have those models..interested in what you might have ?

14. I have a TON of Porsche HD Models but I have no idea where to start. I have been modding for rFactor for a long time but now I am taking a look at AC. Does anyone have a complete tutorial for this?

15. Start by shaving about 800,000 polys off of your models and then you will be at a place to start working on putting them into the game.

Pretty much all of the models that are for sale are about 10 times to heavy (poly count wise).

16. Aye, Kunos cars I think are all under 200,000 poly count. 100k for HD exterior, 50K for HD interior, 10k for small details correlating to draw distances.