1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Wish simbin would release a 2010 STCC expansion at the end of the year.

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Lasse Oinas, Apr 10, 2010.

1. STCC the game has been out for a while, it would be nice if simbin released a 2010 expansion. Or maybe it will be icluded in the next GTR package.

And we would get new/upgraded car models to drive like:

2010 Volvo c30
    2010 Chevrolet Cruze
    2010 Opel Astra
    2010 Volkswagen Scirocco
    2010 BMW 320si
    2010 Alfa Romeo 156

Attached Files:

2. Pieter Theron

Pieter Theron
    Premium Member

I agree it would be nice to see some additions to the package especially updated versions of the cars we currently have and that Scirocco would be tasty in Reverse Wheel Drive :thumbup:

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Omg is that Alfa Romeo still driving in STCC? Thats now getting an ancient car, lol

It's the old car of James Thompson 2007 (WTCC) and during the 2007 season the team said that if James or Olivier Tielemans whould wreck their cars there were no backup cars anymore to complete the season. Funny that it's still driving!

4. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

I'd love to see the Scirocco and a maintained and balanced Astra would be nice too, since the Vectra never really happened.

5. Gunthar did make the Vectra balanced - and packaged into a small download, never understood why we haven't used it actually?

6. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson

No idea mate. Didn't know it was released. I'll give it a go later.

7. Might still have 1.208 physics but they really aren't very different to 1.213. Perhaps Gunthar will update to 1.213.

8. Yes, it is (for me) local driver Mattias Andersson that is running it. He has been running Alfas in the STCC for six or seven years now. He is actually doing really well with it. Outside of the top teams (Volvo, Flash and West Coast) he probably was quickest last year. He ended up fifth anyway, on a fraction of Flash's budget and he is having another go this year, with a few optimizations here and there..

9. Likewise Lasse.

Would love to drive the Chevrolet Cruze, and see the new C30 in Race 07! Not to mention that scirroco too!

Regards.

10. What about BTCC?

Cruze, BMW 320si, Honda Integra, Accord, Civic, Focus, Seat Leon, Astra Coupe, Vectra, Golf V

11. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson

don't codies still have their hands on the btcc license?

12. Yeah but atm it doesn't look like they're going to do anything with it and haven't done for a while, which is a real pity :(

13. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson

Yeh it sucks, big time but assets are assets, they'll probably hold onto it for a rainy day.

14. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Would love that Astra, it's my bro's car and it would be awesome to have it in the game :)

But to be honest, I'd rather Simbin focused on GTR3 more to get it an early release date rather than a rushed two games. Maybe this could be a mod for somebody to make.

15. ahhh the BTCC would be lovely to see in a simbin game
    So codies have it? And for how long do they still have the licenses?

btw, didn't some guys here at rdforum say that the license would be very expensive to buy?